How to convert Widescreen DVD to fullscreen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • khan5168
    • Oct 2009

Convertion of 16:9 to 4:3 Ratio

However i am very late for my post but i think still in these days some of the users want all this....

There is no way that we can convert 16:9 widescreen video to 4:3 full screen video... only we can edit it on timeline and zooming it, till the black mattes hides... or if you don't want to re-edit it or you don't wanna give it a time then you can simply play it on any DVD player and use its zooming option to make it full screen video... no doubt that zoom will cut the sides of video and also will distort the image but THERE IS NO OTHER WAY.....

This way is useful for HD or Bluray videos...

I hope this will make you understand...

Regards.

Comment

• Mike89
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • May 2005

There is no way that we can convert 16:9 widescreen video to 4:3 full screen video
      Not true. I've been doing it over 3 years now. Open the movie with PgcEdit. Go to the title and change attibutes from widescreen to pan & scan. Save and you are good to go. Keep in mind, this method only changes the larger widescreen (175/1, etc) to fullscreen. The best this method can do with the narrower widescreen (235/1, etc) is turn it into the next larger widescreen. Example; 235/1 to 175/1. You will lose some of the movie on the side using this method. It just chops off some on each side and leaves the top and bottom the same. Nothing is stretched (like using zoom) so proportions are still right.

I do this with every widescreen movie I copy and will continue to do this as long as I still have a 4/3 TV.
      I7 920 @ 3.5 gig (ThermalRight U120E 1366 RT Heatsink), Asus P6T, 3x1024 Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 280, NEC 90GX2, X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, Lite-on IHAS4228 SATA DVD R/W, Pioneer DVR-216D SATA DVD R/W, LG GH22NS30 SATA DVD R/W, 2 WD 640 gig (32 meg cache) SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig SATA External HDD (eSata), Winfast USB2 TV Tuner, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows XP Pro

Comment

• khan5168
        • Oct 2009

changing the attibutes from widescreen to pan & scan

ok... mike... however i didn't yet tried but i agree you somehow... but what i understand, we only can perform your procedure with widescreen video (may be) means IFO file from DVD.. but what if i want to make HD video to full Screen... i am working on international movies Channel.. i re-edit English movies.. some movies comes to us on BETA and some on D.G BETA, (Both full Screen) Some we download from the given link of warner bros. and 20th Century Fox in HD resolution, a .MOV format (Not full Screen but there original HD format 720p or 1080p)... by following your procedure, how can i make them full screen... W.B and 20th Fox guided us the way, which they apply on making them full screen...
        my question is this, if very famous companies like above mentioned are using this way then how is it possible that i am wrong...
        if you take IFO file of 16:9 widescreen video then i must say it will stretch the image vertically...you will have to use my way of zooming it...

waiting your response.....

Comment

• khan5168
          • Oct 2009

Can anyone suggest me MKV to AVI or MOV converter..... quality should be lossless...
          waiting reply

Comment

• Tambar
            • Jul 2010

Download and install a free converter program such as Prism Video Converter
            Other free converter programs you can use include AVC Video Converter

Step 2
            Launch the program once the installation is complete and click "Add Files." Locate the

AVI file from the location you saved it on your computer and click "Open" to load it

into your program.

Step 3
            Select ".avi" on the output format window and click "Edit Output." ( Video Options )

Click "Resize Video" and click the "Crop video to selected size" radio button.

Step 4
            Select the video size and place a check on "Constrain proportions." Click the "4:3"

(full-screen) radio button and click "OK" to save the changes.

Step 5
            Click "Browse" and select the output folder to save the video to after it is reformatted

to full-screen format.

Step 6
            Click "Convert." The conversion time varies depending on the length of the input AVI

file. The video is in 4:3, full-screen format when the conversion is complete.
            Last edited by Tambar; 29 Jul 2010, 12:45 AM.

Comment

• Art Vandelay
              Digital Video Technician
              Digital Video Technician
              • Feb 2006

I have used DVDAuthorGUI in the past to take the .m2v and .ac3 to author the DVD files then use a program to compress the video if needed otherwise DVDAuthorGUI will give you DVD compliant output. DVD-RB and HCenc would give great results if you need to cmpress or a well knowen compression pgm will work also. The only thing you will need to do is creat and empty filder called AUDIO_TS so that the DVD will be complaint for players. The AUDI_TS folder is empty but some players need it to load/play the DVD,

So you will have a folder called Movie, then inside it will be VIDEO_TS with all the DVD files authored by DVDAuthorGUI then make the empty file AUDIO_TS and it is now DVD complaint for compressing burning.

going from 4:3 to 16:9 is easy with DVD-RB.

Comment

Working...