Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryanverd
    • Jun 2005

question about backing up tv box set dvds

I have several box sets of dvds of tv shows..and heres what I wanna do, say a tv show has 5 episodes on them, if I copy them all to a normal dvd, the quality will be 58%, is there anyway I can copy say the first 3 episodes, it would be 100% quality, then take the next 2 episodes from the dvd, and the 1st episode from the 2nd dvd, to make it 100% quality, i dont wanna put just 2 episodes on a dvd cause it will be wasting 1.6 gigs, does anyone know what im talking about, or cant it be done?
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

it certainly can be, and is routinely done. dvd shrink re-author mode.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• nwg
      Left *****
      • Jun 2003

Also, you will need hard disk space as each DVD needs to be put on the hard disk uncompressed. Then more space to create the new files. You will need at least two DVD's saved plus a further 5GB for the Shrinked files. That should be around 20GB.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
        Queen of Digital Video
        Queen of Digital Video
        • Jan 2004

From my personal experience I have noticed that the TV shows now in DVD for the most part are not the highest quality to begin with as they were filmed for TV.
        I did the same thing with my Friends seasons the first 2 seasons I backed up on 8 discs instead of 4, then tried it backing up the whole disc on one and there wasn’t much of a difference in quality. Now the HBO Cable TV series do have higher quality and I think those is worth breaking up onto 8 discs vs. 4 as the quality on those are higher to begin with. Depends on what you backing up, And if you want to keep the bonus material.

You may want to try it both ways and see which you like better.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

indeed, i did "full disc" with my "night court" dvd's compressed to 55% and they are amazing....
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...