• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrE_H
    Head of Sanitation
    • Apr 2003

Convert SVCD to DVD

Hi guys,

Apologies if this should be in the SVCD forum, that said converting TO SVCD so I guessed it should go here.

I have a couple of SVCD's and my DVD player won't play them - I would like to convert them to DVD but am not sure whats going wrong. I have a program called (S)VCD2DVDMPG which implies that you can just change the headers and re-encode the audio and have 3 or 4 SVCD's on a DVD. Does its stuff but then Sony DVD Architect won't play ball - wants to re-encode them.

Is the problem that I should not be using DVD Architect?

This sounds like a good way to do it as surely re-encoding will result in a quality loss - or is that the way to go?

Hope you can help

Thanks

Mr E
    A pub - ahh yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence, by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

have you tried tmpgenc?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

dvd.lab should let you import svcd material and *author* it to dvd without reencoding on the videopart

audio will have to be upsampled from 44.1 khz to 48khz
      (dvd-lab takes care of this)

Comment

• MrE_H
        Head of Sanitation
        • Apr 2003

Thanks

Tried DVD-Lab and worked a dream - thank you very much.
        A pub - ahh yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence, by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks.

Comment

Working...