Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

Program files / ImgBurn / log. If it was saved. What type of media are you using? Dvd+R or Dvd-R?
    Last edited by soup; 11 Mar 2006, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• solarz
      • Feb 2006

i am using dvd-r...

Comment

• burcs
        • Feb 2006

Also, what do you mean by "won't play".

Do you get an error?

Does it just sit there doing nothing?

Or is the screen black and white and scrolling over and over?

Comment

• blutach
          Not a god of digital video
          • Oct 2004

Where did you get these files? Why no IFOs?

Regards
          Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
          [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• solarz
            • Feb 2006

burcs - when i say it won't play..i mean when i put the DVD in the player...it will auto play...but it just sits at the same image (of the DVD manufacturer's name and logo) and that is it. If i press fast forward it will illustrate it on the screen...but the actual picture goes no where.

Blutach - i got the files from converting them from an .AVI file. I used the guide in this thread using avi2dvd...and i had the iso check box checked. I followed the guide step by step..but apparently i went wrong somewhere.

Comment

• kingaaa
              • Mar 2006

I've also had a problem with playing.The file converts ok and plays on my pc, and the Philips TV/DVD combi I have in the bedroom.But it wont play on my "chipped" region free Sony dvd player, and most suprisingly wont play on my Sunfly Karaoke/dvd player, which according to the manual will play just about anything!

Comment

• brownbox
                Questioneer!
                • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by brownbox
                Thanks Muchly. I got it to work now.

one more question. I was just curious. What if the file doesn't show any thing for the "Choose Audio Stream"?

Does it mean that my file will have no sound when I burn it? Is there a way I can put sound on it? The file is a concert. Let me know. Thanks.

EDIT
                I cant burn the file since I can't choose an audio. Can someone help?
                I tried to do many times but the same still happens which is nothing.

Comment

• benbryant
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Aug 2005

I tried to do many times but the same still happens which is nothing.
                  Can you open your original .avi file with VirtualDubMod, go to File -> File Information and check to see what kind of audio your file has. Please let us know what you find

Regards

Comment

• brownbox
                    Questioneer!
                    • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by benbryant
                    Can you open your original .avi file with VirtualDubMod, go to File -> File Information and check to see what kind of audio your file has. Please let us know what you find

Regards
                    This is what it showed.

Comment

• benbryant
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Aug 2005

OK, with the original file still loaded with VirtualDubMod, please press Streams and select Stream list. When the Available streams dialog opens, right-click the source file and select "Full processing mode", right-click the file again and choose "Compression", select "No compression (PCM)", and then click OK. Please save the file and try with Avi2dvd again

Regards

Comment

• futurex
                        Outlaw Ridah
                        • Mar 2005

make sure you set video to "direct stream copy" as well
                        Last edited by futurex; 15 Mar 2006, 01:39 PM. Reason: bad grammar. my bad as well :D
                        Futurex

Comment

• benbryant
                          Digital Video Master
                          Digital Video Master
                          • Aug 2005

Much and much mahalo, futurex, for reminding the very important step that I totally forgot to mention. My bad

PS: @brownbox. Please go to Video and make sure the option "Direct stream copy" is selected

Regards
                          Last edited by benbryant; 15 Mar 2006, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• brownbox
                            Questioneer!
                            • Feb 2006

okay. i did all of that and then I tried to burn once again. this time i got this message:

is there something i forgot to do or do i have to do something else?

Comment

• futurex
                              Outlaw Ridah
                              • Mar 2005

either demux audio and load separately, or try downloading matroska (haali's) splitter http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/
                              Futurex

Comment

• triky40
                                • Feb 2006

Quote: "Avi2DVD is a GUI that uses freeware tools and various freeware encoders (QuEnc/FreeEnc/NuEnc) or CCE to perform conversions such as AVI, OGM, MKV, and WMV to DVD, SVCD, or VCD."
                                This is probably a stupid question but please direct me so I can understand. What is AVI, OGM, MKV, and WMV files?

Thanks,
                                Tri

Comment

Working...