Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kitddcor
    • Sep 2006

Problem Using NeroVision to convert AVI files to DVD format

Hi all - I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm having problems using NeroVision Express 2 to convert AVI files into DVD format. The conversion seems to be working, with the exception of two things: the Video_TS_01_0.ifo file is only 0kb and the main Video_TS IFO, BUP and VOB files are 0 kb. I've done some reading and tried two things: I copied the Video_TS_01_0.bup file into the Video_TS_01_0.ifo file. After doing this I got a video reallocation failure. I downloaded IMGtool to try to fix this, but it didn't work. Then, I downloaded IFOedit to try to recreate the Video_ts_01_0.ifo file and go the same error message about the file allocation.

Any suggestions would be welcomed!
  • NightTran
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

nero vision is not very good with AVI, try something else
    sigpic

Comment

• soup
      Just Trying To Help
      • Nov 2005

Try this. Avi2Dvd basic guide.

Comment

• kitddcor
        • Sep 2006

Thanks - is there any way to get multiple avi's in one job and create a menu for them? or do I have to do each avi as a job and have no menu?

Comment

• xistenz
          • Aug 2006

You have to convert each avi and just create a menu using tmpgenc, I believe is the easiest way to do it

Comment

• kitddcor
            • Sep 2006

again, thanks for the suggestions. Do you know if there is a way to adjust the transcoding quality is a little lower and the finished product will take up less space? On nerovision, there was an option to do custom quality setting and adjust the bit rate. There is something that looks like this on AVI2dvd, but it says audio bit rate, so i don't know it will do the same thing.

Comment

• xistenz
              • Aug 2006

If you go to step 3 encoders, you will see NuEnc. Tick it if you want high quality. But I wouldn´t expect more from a free program.

Comment

Working...