• rock_king_my
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jul 2006

My bad .. here's the VOBs zip

oops ...
    wrong zip ....

Try this:
    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Comment

• spyhawk
      • Mar 2004

You already logically remapped the streams and adjusted the commentary audio stream correctly following from Languages menu. Can you not do the same thing for Special Features menu? It's the same step.

Following the commentary link from Languages Menu, the adjustment was made in VTSM 2, PGC 10, pre-command line 3. You can delete line 4 as you don't have subpic #3.

Same thing -> following the commentary link from Special Feature menu, the adjustment is to be made in VTSM 2, PGC 9, pre-command line 1.

Also, you can do some more clean up. This is optional. You can remove VTSM 2, PGC 11, is it is never called. The function is Domain -> Delete last PGC in domain. You can also remove the Spanish and Portuguese Language Unit Menus (Menu -> Remove LU). Follow the instructions in the dialog.

Comment

• rock_king_my
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Jul 2006

The Omen 2006 - Fixing Subtitle status

Hi Spyhawk.

The Commentary problem is now solved, so thanks!

Now I've got a problem with the chosen English subtitle. If I select it in Languages Menu, it will not show-up in the movie. However, if I RIGHT-CLICK on POWERDVD when the movie is played, I can switch it on manually.

Also, the PGC Editor for the movie still says commentary track as 0x83. Is it possible to make is 0x81 to treat it as a normal 2nd audio track?

Comment

• spyhawk
          • Mar 2004

Change the English subtitle button command from LinkTailPGC to Link PGCN PGC 4.

Don't worry about changing the stream id; it's in the VOB. The commentary track is already remapped as 2nd audio track in the IFO.

Comment

• blutach
            Not a god of digital video
            • Oct 2004

@rock_king_my

You are a crazy perfectionist! If you want the stream IDs changed in the VOB, remux!

Dunno how this can possibly affect playback - it's kinda like a volume label - you can't "play" a volume label - all you can do is have it marching across the player's fluro screen, distracting you. But everyone wants volume labels (including me).

My advice? When it works, leave it alone.

Regards
            Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
            [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• rock_king_my
              Platinum Member
              Platinum Member
              • Jul 2006

The Omen - Subs In Languages Menu Problem

Hi.

I tried SPYHAWK'S last tip but the English Subtitle link in Languages Menu still doesn't work.

I've enclosed the revised IFOs & the revised Menu buttons commands.

Have I mis-typed something?
              Attached Files

Comment

• spyhawk
                • Mar 2004

You have the English Subtitle set to (SetSTN) Set Sub-picture stream = 0, on ; LinkPGN Program 4. Change it back to LinkTailPGC as originally. Ignore my previous instruction - sorry about that. I didn't notice there were post-commands.

Go to VTST 2, 1 TTN 1, delete pre-commands lines 1-42. You don't need all these junk. Hopefully it should work now.

Comment

• rock_king_my
                  Platinum Member
                  Platinum Member
                  • Jul 2006

OMEN MENU BUTTON COMMAND - Revised

Followed your last post, Spyhawk. Subs link still desn't work.

I've enclosed Menu Button Commands Revised
                  --------------------
                  Attached Files

Comment

• spyhawk
                    • Mar 2004

I traced it, it should work. Did you delete lines 1-42 in movie PGC? What version of PowerDVD are you using to test? Also try other software player.

Are there any subtitles showing up if selecting manually in the player?

Comment

• rock_king_my
                      Platinum Member
                      Platinum Member
                      • Jul 2006

Hi Spyhawk.

Yeah, I deleted lines 1-42 as instructed.
                      I got Power DVD 5.0.
                      Yes, the subtitles can be turned on manually (by a right-click on POWERDVD).

I haven't burnt it to DVD yet. It's still oversized. I've no idea if it will work on my SONY DVD player because of the audio streams structure:
                      English is 0x80
                      Commentary is 0x83

That's why I ask THAT question in POST #33.

Comment

• spyhawk
                        • Mar 2004

Just to make sure that your player does not execute the non-English language menus, do the optional clean up as mentioned in post #32. Process it also with FixVTS or VobBlanker to remove unreferenced V/CIDs. If this still doesn't work, I don't see why English subtitle doesn't turn on when you select the English subtitle button. It looks straight forward to me.

You can burn a test DVD on a RW to test on the SONY DVD player. By test DVD, I mean you can blank all the Extras and most of the movie chapters, keeping a couple of chapters in the beginning, in VobBlanker. Output the test DVD to a different folder.

You can take care of the oversized problem before burning the whole DVD.

Stream ID question is already answered by me and blutach in posts #34,35.

Comment

• rock_king_my
                          Platinum Member
                          Platinum Member
                          • Jul 2006

THE OMEN - Remove VTSM 2, PGC 11

Hi

I just noticed there are 3 versions of VTSM 2, PGC 11:
                          a) VTSM 2, LU 1 (en) PGC 11 [the English version]
                          b) VTSM 2, LU 2 (es) PGC 11 [the Spanish version]
                          c) VTSM 2, LU 3 (pt) PGC 11 [the Portuguese version]

So it's just (b) & (c) to remove, right?

In fact, there are also:
                          d) VTSM 2, LU 2 (es) PGC 1 to VTSM 2, LU 2 (es) PGC 10
                          e) VTSM 2, LU 3 (pt) PGC 1 to VTSM 3, LU 2 (pt) PGC 10

What do I do about (d) & (e)?

Comment

• r0lZ
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Mar 2004

Usually, when there are several LUs in a menu, all LUs are exactly identical, with the same VM commands in the PGCs and in the menu buttons. Only the video is different. So, you have to do exactly the same modifications in all LUs. BTW, there is an handy function to do that automatically with PgcEdit: just edit one LU, then select any PGC of the edited LU, and use Menu -> Copy LU commands to other LUs. Note that the menu button commands are not copied by this function. You have to modify them manually.

However, sometimes, the LUs are not identical. In this case, PgcEdit displays a warning when the DVD is loaded. In this case, it might be necessary to analyse all LUs and modify them. But you can remove completely the LUs with the languages you don't need. Select any PGC of the LU you want to remove, and call Menu -> Remove LU. After that, you can even process the menu domain with FixVTS or VopbBlanker to regain the disc space.

Note that those PgcEdit functions work on a VTS basis. You have to repeat the operation on all VTS with several LUs, including the VMGM.

Note: LU = Language Unit.
                            Last edited by r0lZ; 12 Nov 2006, 09:23 PM.
                            r0lZ
                            PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
                            Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• rock_king_my
                              Platinum Member
                              Platinum Member
                              • Jul 2006

THE OMEN - Info check first before remove VTSM 2, (en) PGC 11

Hi

I went to Domain -> Delete last PGC in domain & it gave me a tip to check with Info. So I haven't deleted it YET.

I went to Info>Go To Calling Command I got UNREFERENCED! message.

I went to Info>Calls cross references, I got what the enclosed attachment said.

So is it safe to Domain -> Delete last PGC in domain based on what the Info checks above?
                              Attached Files

Comment

• r0lZ
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                • Mar 2004

Which PGC do you want to delete, and in which VTS and domain?

The tip you are referring to is this one, right?
                                Code:
                                This utility will remove the LAST PGC of the current domain.

WARNING: If there are references to the PGC elsewhere in the DVD,
                                the playback may hang when the player will try to play the PGC!
                                (Use the Info -> Go to Calling Command or Calls Cross References
                                to see if there are references to this PGC)
                                If it's the case, it's just a warning: you have to be sure that the PGC is never called before deleting it, because, obviously, if the player tries to play a non-existing PGC, it will hang.

The "UNREFERENCED!" message displayed by Go To Calling Command means that the PGC can safely be deleted, as it cannot be called (otherwise than with the player function to play a specific title.)

However, you can only delete the last PGC of a Title domain if the Title number is the last one of the DVD, and if the TTN number is the last one in the domain. You can reorder the Title numbers with Title -> Remap Title Numbers. The next version of PgcEdit will have a new function to reorder the TTNs (as well as one function to remap the PGCs, to be able to delete unreferenced PGCs in the middle of a domain.) Anyway, most of the time, the TTNs are in increasing order, and therefore you should have no problem.

Anyway, it is usually useless to delete a PGC completely. Blanking it (with or without the option to kill playback) is sufficient to regain the disc space with FixVTS or VB.

I am currently working on a function to delete automatically all unreferenced PGCs of the DVD. This function will do all the necessary re-mappings for you, and modify the VM commands and the Next/Prev/GoUpPGCN pointers automatically to preserve the navigation. But it's not really easy to program, so, don't expect PgcEdit v8.0 soon!
                                Last edited by r0lZ; 12 Nov 2006, 11:08 PM.
                                r0lZ
                                PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
                                Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

Working...