• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • techreactor
    Banned
    • Jul 2005

Simplistic Guide to Join two(or more) Disc DVD/Flipper, keeping full Menu’s

Tools used : DVD Remake Pro 3.5.3

The purpose of this Guide was to combine the two (or more) part disc’s, flippers so that they play one after another and keeping all menu functionality, without changing/flipping disc.

So lets begin now. Rip both DVD’s to your hard drive with Ripit4me/DVD Decrypter in two different folders. As an example here I will be using Schindler’s List (2 Dvd set).

1. Import Disc 1 as project 1 into DVDRemake Pro

2. Import Disc 2 as project 2 into DVDRemake Pro

3. Select Project 2, Select VTS 1(main movie), right-click, and select "copy VTS".

4. Now Select Project 1, Select “DVD”, right-click, and select "add copied VTS".

5. You can notice that Project 1 now contains 4 titleset (originally there were 3) and DVD size has increased.

6. New title “Video Titleset 4” has been added. Expand it by clicking on the “+” sign and select “Titles” under it, to see which titles have been added. On the right pane you can see “Title 1”.

7. Expand Video Manager in left pane.

8. Select VMG Titles, right-click on the VMG title in the right pane, and then select "add title" choosing the newly added VTS and title 1.

9. In the left pane, Expand the Menu’s and Right-click on Menu's and add 3 new menu PGCs. Now we have PGC 17, PGC 18, and PGC 19.

10. Click on PGC 17. Select the "Pre Commands" tab in right pane. Right-click in the “Pre commands” window and select "add command". Select the command to "Jump VMG Title 4". Click OK. This navigation is added to continue playing Disc 2 (Titleset 4).

11. Click on PGC 18. Select the "Pre Commands" tab. Right-click and choose "add command". Select the command to "Jump VTS 1 "root" menu (title 1)". This navigation is added to return to the root menu of Disc 1 (Titleset 1).

12. Click on PGC 19. Select the "Pre Commands" tab. Right-click and select "add command". Select the command to "Jump VTS 4 "root" menu (title 1)". This navigation is added to return to the root menu Disc 2 (Titleset 4).

13. Expand Video Title Set 1. Expand Menus. Click on each Menu till you reach the one which has Instructions to switch to Disc 2. In the Video window to the right, Right-click on the “Menu Button”. Click on the “Edit Button command…” . Edit the command to "Jump VMG PGC 19".

14. Again Right-click on the “Menu Button”. Click on the “Edit Button…”, select “Auto”. This is how we change commands to the VMG menu section to route navigation to the Disc 2 root menu automatically.

15. Expand “Video Title Set 1” – “Program Chains” and select PGC 1. Select the "Post Commands" tab in right pane. Goto the last line, double-click and change existing “Call VMG PGC 5”command to "Call VMG PGC 17 (resume cell 1)". This is where we pass commands to the VMG menu section to route navigation to continue playing the Disc 2 VTS.

16. Expand "Video Title Set 4" - "Program Chains" and select PGC 1. Select the "Post Commands" tab in right pane. Goto the last line, double-click and change existing “Call VMG PGC 10”command to "Call VMG PGC 18 (resume cell 1)". This is where we pass commands to the VMG menu section to route navigation to the Disk 1 VTS root menu.

17. Since this will not fit into a DVD9, leave alone DVD5, In order to get better quality from compressing tools, its suggested to Blank out titles that you don’t want, using DVD remake pro itself or other tools, VOBblanker (methods not part of this guide). Save your project and export a test dvd. Play it back in a Software DVD Player to ensure that everything runs as per expectations.

18. Export full dvd and then compress it using any of your favoured tools , DVD Shrink, DVD Rebuilder etc and Burn to a DVD-RW first to check before you Burn finally.

When you play it, the DVD will start at the beginning of the movie. When it reaches the end of Disc 1, it will continue playing Disc 2 and will show you Disc 2 Menu. When the movie reaches the end, it will come back to the same Menu for Disc 1 from where you started the Movie.

There can be various variations to this Guide, like playing the Disk 2 movie directly after the Disk 1 movie finishes with no menu’s inbetween(requires knowledge of DVD navigation/registers to edit) etc.

I plan to come out with a second version of this guide with advanced editing explained in a “Simplistic” manner later.

In the meantime see my other Simplistic series guides.

Simplistic Guide to VOBblanker

Simplistic Guide to Manage Multi-angle DVDs

Simplistic Guide for Replacing DVD Streams (Animated Guide)

and any suggestions for improvement are welcome!!!.
    Last edited by admin; 9 Dec 2006, 03:55 PM.
  • photo_angel2004
    Queen of Digital Video
    Queen of Digital Video
    • Jan 2004

Looks like you have been working hard there. Looks great! Nice job.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• BR7
      He is coming to your little town!
      • Aug 2005

Nice work tech this will come in handy

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• techreactor
        Banned
        • Jul 2005

Thanks PA2004, BR7 and ffreezinmn for your appreciative words.
        Last edited by techreactor; 9 Dec 2006, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• ffreezinmn
          At the beginning:
          • Jan 2006

Thank you!!! I will put it to use!

very nicely done.

Comment

• Mpgames
            • May 2007

Nice

Hey that was very nice info tech, I know this is a very late reply but I did your tut on a flipper of "The Right Stuff", At first I got a little confused only because this DVD structure was very different, It also has duplicate menus
            on both sides and the last block in VTS 1 had a "Exit" Post Command (I believe) that I deleted and replaced thanks to your tut.

Now it plays strait through the whole movie, and for the Menus there was
            a Resume Movie on each side, I just had "Side A" point to resume "Side B"
            And I had "Side B's" "Resume Movie" button point to Resume "Side A"
            Although that was not nescisary since it plays strait through...

Anyway I like how it's working..., Now on to DVD Rebuilder Pro and CCE Encode...

Thanks for your help
            Mpgames
            Last edited by Mpgames; 14 May 2007, 05:40 AM. Reason: added more text

Comment

Working...