X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cheeky_angel85
    • Oct 2006

Conversion Question

Hey,

I've just made a photo slideshow with music in Windows Movie Maker and now I'd like to put this on a DVD so I can play it in my DVD player. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can do this? At the moment the file is MSWMM so I was wondering what kind of file I need to convert it to so I can put it on DVD, how I can do that and how then to burn it. I currently have DVD Shrink 3.2 and Nero, am I able to use these programs or is there no need? I'm not very good at working the technological side of things out so please be patient, and speak in simple english and lots of detail LOL Thanks in advance!
  • photo_angel2004
    Queen of Digital Video
    Queen of Digital Video
    • Jan 2004

Hello,

I am not sure if you can burn photo slide shows to a DVD to play on stand alone players. If there is I am not sure how.

I always use Ulead DVD/CD picture show to do mine.
    They burn to a CD that plays on stand alone players as a VCD when burned to a dvd they only play on the computer.

The program I use is older though and technology has changed. You may want to try burning your slide shows as a VCD I think nero will do those too. Not 100% possitive on that though.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• cheeky_angel85
      • Oct 2006

Um, lol I think I understood some of that. I've done this before, but ages ago and it worked then. I just can't remember how I did it, or where I went to for help. :S

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

from what I have read the MSWMM file is just a project file you have to open it and save as a movie on your hard drive then I think it's a wmv file that you can then convert with something like nero vision

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

from what I have read the MSWMM file is just a project file you have to open it and save as a movie on your hard drive then I think it's a wmv file that you can then convert with something like nero vision
          bingo. other tools you can use are avi2dvd or HCEnc

however, encoding twice just takes longer and unnecessarily degrades quality. better to use something like this if you're willing to start from scratch
          Last edited by anonymez; 25 Dec 2006, 03:11 PM.
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...