Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swanside1
    • Jan 2002

Favorite Software

Just thought I would start a little poll on your best software for DVD Backups

There are alot of different types of software for backing up your DVD's, I think DVD Shrink is the best, as it can rip, straight from DVD, so, its just a case of inserting the DVD, a few clicks, and away for a beer while it does its think, but, what does everybody else think?
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

dvd shrink is a fine software but the quality isnt good enough when the data to be reduced to 4.3gb is bigger than let's say ~5.5gb and depending on length and format of the title.

same of course goes for dvd2one.

Comment

• nwg
      Left *****
      • Jun 2003

I have used shrink and done a 3 hour film and was very happy with the results.

Most R2 DVD's have just the film in excess of 6 or 7GB and still looks good when down to 4.37GB.

I was also impressed with DVD Copy Suite which I believe is similar to DVD95Copy.

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

Most R2 DVD's have just the film in excess of 6 or 7GB and still looks good when down to 4.37GB.
        not to me

macroblocks are clearly visible

Comment

• nwg
          Left *****
          • Jun 2003

macroblocks are clearly visible
          Strange, I don't get that and I have a big widescreen TV so they should show up.

Comment

• wiak
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by UncasMS
            dvd shrink is a fine software but the quality isnt good enough when the data to be reduced to 4.3gb is bigger than let's say ~5.5gb and depending on length and format of the title.

same of course goes for dvd2one.
            dvd shrink can remove sound tracks like not english and that ****

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

dvd shrink can remove sound tracks like not english and that
              be asured i'm familiar with that

Strange, I don't get that and I have a big widescreen TV so they should show up
              i'm using a 16:9 100hz tv myself and i can spot those flaws.

dont get me wrong guys.
              what i'm saying is: reducing some 20-30% of tha data leaves its marks and keeping in mind how fast those tools are, they produce amazing quality.

on the other hand 4.3gb of data on a dvd with visible artefacts is something i dont waste time or dvds on.

i rather spend some time on a perfect copy than having a dvd burned to dvd in 1h hour.

Comment

Working...