Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EarthBound
    • Jul 2003

DVD Dycpter Questions

I am trying to burn a 7.79GB Movie(DVD-10).And with DVD-shrink i can Photo shot only or something like that.(does picking that opition make the DVD picure look bad?)Which make the video 1.65GB.And i was just wondering with DVD Dyctper,could i make a .ISO then read it to my HD then burn it.Then when it fills up the 4.7GB DVD-R will it ask for me to put in another blank DVD-R?Thanks
    Last edited by EarthBound; 21 Jul 2003, 06:02 PM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"And with DVD-shrink i can Photo shot only or something like that.(does picking that opition make the DVD picure look bad?)Which make the video 1.65GB."

I assume you actually mean "Still Image" and not "Photo shot".
    Is there any reason you aren't selecting 50% compression or less?

Comment

• chipferg
      • Jul 2003

Is there a difference in quality between a 47% compression and like a 5% compression?

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

no

because 5% will be QUALITY

47% WONT

Comment

• EarthBound
          • Jul 2003

Even at the lowest encoding thats 2nd to still image is still to big.So will reencoding it with still photos makes the picture bad looking?Thanks

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"So will reencoding it with still photos makes the picture bad looking?"

If you select "Still images" for the entire DVD, you'll have a USELESS DVD containing nothing more than a bunch of still pictures!

"Even at the lowest encoding thats 2nd to still image is still to big"

Then you'll have to use the "Re-author" mode instead of the "Full Disk" mode. Read the excellent HELP file, available from the DVDShrink "Help" dropdown menu, for information on how to use the "Re-author" mode...

Comment

• nwg
              Left *****
              • Jun 2003

If the ouput is still too big then, put the the output from shrink in shrink again and repeat the compression tomake it even smaller. It probably won't look very good though.

Only use still pictures for extras you don't want to make them use as little space as possible.

Comment

• 4speed
                • Aug 2003

Try this method using DVD2one and Anydvd

This method will work for the long DVD-9 movies

This method will work for your long movies and keep the quality excellent. It is not complicated and you can keep all your menus and extras.

Comment

Working...