Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arburton300
    • Jul 2003

burn error

i have a sony drd 500 burner and i'm using dvd descrypter to rip, dvd shrink and dvd2one to resize, and nero 5.5.9.14 to burn. everything seems to go fine until i try to burn my backup which after about 10 mins of buning i get a burn fail error message. any ideas what i could be doing wrong???????
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"and nero 5.5.9.14 to burn"

Versions prior to 5.5.10 were problematic regarding DVD burning. As a first step, update to a more current version of NERO - in the "5 series", the most current version is 5.5.10.42 for which the "DVD-Video" mode is rock solid (problem free).

If, after updating, youcontinue to have the same problem, please post back here.

I, personally, would hesitate to use the brand new version 6.xx (which includes many new capabilities) until such time as I know any bugs have been ironed out...

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

I, personally, would hesitate to use the brand new version 6.xx
      version 6 works fine so far from my experience for dvd as well as cd burning

Comment

• wapazoid
        • Jan 2003

I've got a Sony dru-500a and have had less than perfect results using Nero 5.5.10.42 in DVD-Video mode. I was cursed with coaster after coaster (burn failure during finalization). It actually got to the point where I would cross my fingers before burning in DVD-Video mode. Flashing the drive's bios to 2.0f had no effect. I have read many threads pertaining to Nero's problems with less than par system specs, but that is certainly not the issue with my box. Problematic media, perhaps? I was using (and still have many left) Maxell oem 4.7GB dvd-r's. I finally gave in and strayed from Nero (being a loyal user for almost 4 years now), giving CopyToDVD a try. 20 discs burned successfully without a hitch, and I was quite relieved! And with that, I'm convinced that Nero isn't exactly the "optimal" choice...atleast for me.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To wapazoid

"I was cursed with coaster after coaster (burn failure during finalization)."

Just curious - Did you try playing any of these, before tossing them?

Comment

• wapazoid
            • Jan 2003

Sure did. A blank screen on three of my four standalones, and a C:13 error on my old Sony DVP-S500D. Didn't try any of my PC drives, though something tells me that it wouldn't have worked.

Comment

Working...