Best Quality DVD2DVD-R Guide For PAL DVD's (With CCE)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chilledoutUk
    • Aug 2003

Best Quality DVD2DVD-R Guide For PAL DVD's (With CCE)

Hi i have knocked up a easy guide on how to rencode dvds with Cinemacraft using a very cool automation tool called DVD2DVD-R.

The quality is as expected with cce!!

This is as easy as encoding with cce is going to get until i add ripping the vobs from the dvd to guide.

All tools and applications that are required are linked to on the guide.

ChilledoutUks DVD2DVD-R Guide
    Last edited by chilledoutUk; 14 Aug 2003, 11:55 PM.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

since the very beginning of your guide is against the
    forum rules (especially rule #5 & #6) i have removed the link.

i consider dvd2dvd-r a very useful tool myself and like using it.

thus i do look forward to any guide that will help others getting an insigth into this tool as well, but i'd rather see a guide that stays away from detailed description of how to circumvent the cce logo

for your own sake i'd rewrite that part because cinemacraft is known for taking legal actions as soon as they will be aware of what you started your (otherwise very useful) guide with.

Comment

• chilledoutUk
      • Aug 2003

thanks for your concern but they would have problem tracking me.

Anyways i have made a more tame version of my guide for this forum.

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

appreciated

Comment

• chilledoutUk
          • Aug 2003

Ok the fact is a 2 pass encode on my amd 2400xp takes about 3 and half hours.

The quality is better than transcoders the reason for this is that transcoders don’t change the motion vectors etc they just compress each frame more heavily.

When you encode a video by using CCE It will be able to start from fresh and knowing the average bitrate it will create a mpeg2 output that has every aspect of it optimised toward being the best quality possible at that given bitrate from that film.

The bitrate influences massively the usage of motion vectors, bi-directional and predictive frames these factors can only be optimised for the bitrate by re-encoding.

If the film after it has been stream ripped is close to the size of a DVD then it is recommended that transcoding is used so that you save time.

Remember you can’t compare methods on screen grabs as a film is a sequence of many frames all modern encoding algorithms are aware of this it's about time the reviewers were as well.

Comment

Working...