Burn time in Nero has Tripled??? Help please

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdgrimes
    • Dec 2003

Actually, the XP habit of switching to PIO has nothing to do with what software is used for burning. It occurs as a result of errors in reading that get reported to windows, discs with severe reading issues can sometimes do it, and various other Windows-related things.

If a person goes and looks through Event Viewer he can usually see the "CDROM" errors reported there several times just before XP switches the drive to PIO (which is not reported there).

Again, these errors have nothing to do with burning, but with reading, and are not unique to DVD drives. You can remove all burning ware from your system and it will still happen once in a while. Just a little gift from Uncle Bill.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Jan 2004

Uncle Bill,,

Thanks, but no thanks, After I deleted Nero and did re-install of Xp, I have ripped many many dvd movies and burned them without the PIO problem. I was using/am using the 'Shrink/DVDdecrypter combination for reading/burning and no PIO problem.

Other forums don't have such PIO problems with 'Shrink and Non Nero burning. Go to afterdawn and check 321's threads.

Even Bill Gates doesn't know everything about windows.

@ least poster is burning faster, now.
      Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...