Pulling me hair out!!! Help please

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Floppy

Hi

This is good news. Which did you get? The Riteks or another?

Now what you need is a R200/300 and off you go.

Comment

• Cassbowen
      • Sep 2004

Hi Fil
      I got the Ridata Ritek ones as mentioned in my post, about 2 back. I made a mistake and got printable ones with no means of printing them. Nevermind though they work brilliantly and that is all the matters to me. They are brill.

What's a R200/300?

Comment

• Floppy

Hello

I meant the Epson R200/300, look here for more:

http://www.epson.co.uk/products/prod...jets_Photo.htm #3 #4 down the list.

Those are great prices too for a printer that will print everything you will ever need.

I'm not trying to sell you a printer, they sell themselfs.

Comment

• Cassbowen
          • Sep 2004

I must admit I did wonder how people managed to print a picture onto a CD. Now I know and now I want one of them. I shall have to wait and see if Father Christmas is kind to me. Not a bad price at all. Bit pricey if you should need all four ink relplacements though.

Comment

• Floppy

Hi )

This is true only if you need all of the cartridges at same time. I have 6 including the black on the R300 but there are those generic cartridges refilled professionaly like here

There are others that even buy your used cartridges so there is always money back of the region of £5.00 each.

Do your maths now

Comment

• Cassbowen
              • Sep 2004

Hmmm. Suppose when you look at it that way it ain't so bad. Composing my letter to Father Christmas as we speak. Been backing up like a maniac today, there's no stopping me now.

Although, would you mind if I asked a quick question. I was trying to back up "Fight Club" using DVD Shrink, after about an hour an error came up saying it was copy protected on sector D, or summat like that. So, I used DVD Decrypter on it. I now have two files, which has never happened before. One is the ISO file, which I am used to seeing. The other is a MDS file, never seen that before. Well, I went to burn with Decrypter choosing the ISO file and it said that I should be choosing the MDS file. This seems strange as the MDS is only 9KB. Would you be kind enough to explain this to me. I feel another learning curve coming on, which is good. I hope this makes some kinda sense. Cheers.

Comment

• Cassbowen
                • Sep 2004

Sorry me again. I have just previewed the ISO file in DVD shrink and although there is background music and sound effects there is no dialoge. Any ideas. Sorry. I know I am a pain

Comment

• Floppy

Hi there

I dont really use DVD decrypter but here is a guide to it and also DVD Shrink:

Wilst I see your method of backing up try instead to use the backing up to a hard disk folder rather than a .ISO image file

As to your last question It is possible that you may have just deselected a important audio file wilst ripping it.

I would do the whole process again following the guides done by ddlooping which are very helpful and detailed.

Have a go then buddy

Comment

• Cassbowen
                    • Sep 2004

Hi fil
                    Once again you are an angel. I followed the excellent guide and had made a very basic mistake. I'll get the hang of this one of these days. Cheers mate.

Comment

• Floppy

Originally posted by Cassbowen
                      Hi fil
                      Once again you are an angel ..... I'll get the hang of this one of these days. Cheers mate.

Your Welcome buddy

It was a pleasure to contribute something positive

I too will get it right one of these days...

Good things
                      Last edited by Guest; 28 Sep 2004, 03:16 AM.

Comment

• Cassbowen
                        • Sep 2004

An update and a quick question

Backing up in going real well now, no problems whatsoever. Hurrah.

I have even splashed out on an Epson R200, thanks for the suggestion.

I have been looking at the price of compatable cartridges, I realise this will null and void my 12 month guarentee but I saw these and wondered if you be good enough to have a look at them for me and advise if I should go for it or not. Cheers mate

IM JET Bundle Deal: R200/R300 Cartridge Set (SVP 102) (SVP 103) (SVP 104) (SVP 105) (SVP 106) (SVP 107)

We decided to stock these cartridges to offer our customers a lower priced alternative to the Jet-tec cartridges, we are sure you will be pleased with the results.

For use with the following printers:

Epson Stylus Photo R200, Epson Stylus Photo R300, Epson Stylus Photo R300ME, Epson Stylus Photo RX500, Epson Stylus Photo RX600.

They work out at about £10 for the lot......what do you think?

Comment

• Floppy

Hello

good to hear all is well!

On the cartridge subject I realize that it voids your warranty but, within the first 12 months you can have it exchanged. The trick is never to be cought with your pants down!

What I mean to say by that is if you have any problems just replace your Generic Cartridges for your genuine (original) B4 you take it down the shop... There is very little chance that any problem arising, would be caused by the use of these generic cartridges.

I would use good quality generics, maybe if you provide a link...

Good things

Comment

• Cassbowen
                            • Sep 2004

Hi Floppy (have you changed your name from Fil, or ids it me getting confused? Here's the web address.

I don't seem to be able to add a link, what am I doing wrong? Sorry, it's always questions with me.

Comment

• Cassbowen
                              • Sep 2004

Oh, I did!!!!

They are the 2nd ones down

Comment

• Floppy

Hello

I did change my name from Fil to Floppy (easy now), so it isnt you going crazy...

About the cartridges I think they seem fine. I have not tried those yet but when I need some I would buy something like the first ones.

If you wondering in any way about the 30% extra ink inside, the remanufacturing company reprogram the chip on the cartrige to empty the cartrige completly and add a little more, because Epson original cartriges keep back a percentage of ink. Why I dont know.

Your choice of cartdriges I dont know those, but for the price I would give them a go, I dont think they have the 30% extra inside though, maybe thats why their cheaper.

Enjoy your new printer. I love mine.

You got MSN Messenger?

Good things
                                Last edited by Guest; 12 Oct 2004, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Working...