Nero burns CDs but not DVDs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mijbr
    • Oct 2004

Sorry for delay, I'm currently on holiday in the US, well, have been on holiday since January really, hehe.

Anyway, I tried those things apart from the flashing through DOS (actually don't have a floppy about, hehe). I don't think this burner has IDE connection possibilities.

As far as trying to the suggestions above (for which I am grateful). The burner when trying for DVD options, say simply data using Nero Express, the data can be added simply, it's the next part of the process where it falls down. Once "Next" is clicked, the Nero screen goes totally blank, the burner makes a few whirring noises. ejects the blank DVD, closes back in again, whirs again, ejects the DVD again & only then does the Nero screen come up with the next part of the burning process, Final Burn Settings in this instance. Only by clicking "Burn" does it then fail & the error message be generated as before.

Wrote to both Nero & Pika One but no response yet (sigh).

Upgraded Nero to 6.6.0.1 but no luck with that either.
    Last edited by mijbr; 27 Oct 2004, 01:50 AM.

Comment

• Floppy

Originally posted by mijbr
      Sorry for delay, I'm currently on holiday in the US, well, have been on holiday since January really, hehe.

Anyway, I tried those things apart from the flashing through DOS (actually don't have a floppy about, hehe). I don't think this burner has IDE connection possibilities.

As far as trying to the suggestions above (for which I am grateful). The burner when trying for DVD options, say simply data using Nero Express, the data can be added simply, it's the next part of the process where it falls down. Once "Next" is clicked, the Nero screen goes totally blank, the burner makes a few whirring noises. ejects the blank DVD, closes back in again, whirs again, ejects the DVD again & only then does the Nero screen come up with the next part of the burning process, Final Burn Settings in this instance. Only by clicking "Burn" does it then fail & the error message be generated as before.

Wrote to both Nero & Pika One but no response yet (sigh).

Upgraded Nero to 6.6.0.1 but no luck with that either.
      Hello

Hollidays since January. dam!

your welcome about our suggestions.

If you can afford such a laid back lifestyle maybe a little cash in buying a drive that you can upgrade is well deserved.

Boy u got some cheek hehehe, eh?

bye!
      Last edited by Guest; 27 Oct 2004, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by mijbr
        have been on holiday since January really, hehe.
        Then you must be this man:

Comment

• Floppy

naaa cynthia

That was a hehe not a hohoho

Comment

• mijbr
            • Oct 2004

LOL. No, just lucky enough to be able to do some travelling for a year. Have to finish by the end of the year & make some long term plans again (which are made).

Took my laptop with me & filled 30Gb very quickly with pictures & music. Then got settled in the UK some & started buying books (I love books & old libraries are my favourite places on earth sometimes) & DVDs again (I plan to settle in the UK).

Buying DVDs means backing them up asap (same as I back up my CDs, as an ex-DJ, some of it is very rare & long out of production, so once backed up I won't take the original out of the case, a good habit to be in).

So I bought the external DVD burner & it worked perfectly until now

Thanks for all your help so far. No answer still from either Nero or Pika One

Comment

• mijbr
              • Oct 2004

Sigh

Pika One have tried to wash their hands of the matter saying that it burns CDs, it reads DVDs, there for it is a matter for Nero.

However, they failed to address my problem with updating the firmware.

I can see it now, Nero will write to me & tell that my problem is I need to have the latest firmware...

Comment

• Floppy

I can see many things too, but none of them can help you.

Comment

• Floppy

Hi all, I have a problem with my "Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-C2612" it won't read CD's or DVD's. Power is available, i can eject the drive using both...

Is that you too???

U still dont say if your drive is connected to USB or not... Can you read back the thead and give more info, on the drive Model exactly and which way you have connected to the PC.

Comment

• mijbr
                    • Oct 2004

Heh, no that's not me in that other forum.

Anyway, it's a USB connection.

The drive itself is the Pika One Classic External.

Specs are here

Comment

• Floppy

I read loads of problem with your drive in many forums.

Been having load of work lately, apologise for not posting links.

Let me know how the firmware update works, I think by all i have read that u have a bad drive, dead, gone, fiinished

Comment

• mijbr
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Floppy
                        ..... I think by all i have read that u have a bad drive, dead, gone, fiinished
                        If the burner did not burn DVDs with alternative software (not Nero alas), then I would be inclined to believe you.

I was sort of clutching at straws with Pika One support to be honest. I really think the problem lies between XP SP2 & Nero.

Can't imagine Microsoft coming to the rescue though, the way they operate, they make it up to the software providers to adapt to them, not the other way around.

Nero is taking longer than their 3 day turn around time though

This of course in no way lets off Pika One for me being unable to update my firmware though

Comment

• Floppy

They allways do, keep trying, Ahead is short staffed.

Not so Ahead maybe

Comment

• mijbr
                            • Oct 2004

I knew it.

Nero replied & said "update your firmware"

Back to Pika One.

Comment

• chez
                              • Nov 2004

if you look at top of program you will see DVD/CD and selection arrow. click on this then choose DVD. choose burn disc image then go into add file click on VIDEO file . audio will show icon not compatible click on OK (it is not needed) and go from there. good luck dont let frustration get to you it took me a while you will get there

Comment

• Floppy

Hi guys chez

That is a pretty obvious and so far only you mentioned it.

Well spotted and good advice, but if mijbr missed that one maybe he should get a off of ho-llidays and get a life...

hehehe, my sweaty-bolls, mijbr!

Good things all

welcome chez

Look at attachment.
                                Last edited by Guest; 22 Nov 2005, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Working...