site with movies on it that you can download..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lbjandai
    • Nov 2004

site with movies on it that you can download..

I know i can get a dvd and shrink it with dvd shrink but i know it would be real nice if i coukd go to a site, download the movie i wanted and then that would give me the already shrinked movie and all i woukd have to do is burn it! is there any site like this or can u download thses on p2p's?
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

Downloaded movies are rather dubious in both quality and legality. I don't think the forum caters for them.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"it would be real nice if i coukd go to a site, download the movie i wanted and then that would give me the already shrinked movie and all i woukd have to do is burn it! is there any site like this or can u download thses on p2p's?"

Discussion of anything related to such activity is a violation of the rules of these forums (Particularly, Rule #6)...

Comment

• Movie_Junkie
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Nov 2004

Re: site with movies on it that you can download..

Originally posted by lbjandai
        I know i can get a dvd and shrink it with dvd shrink but i know it would be real nice if i coukd go to a site, download the movie i wanted and then that would give me the already shrinked movie and all i woukd have to do is burn it! is there any site like this or can u download thses on p2p's?
        I would think there are a number of ways to find what you are looking for without our help. What you want us to do is help you break the law. I, for one, will not do that.

Comment

• lbjandai
          • Nov 2004

arnt like the small movies that arnt in theaters, arnt those free? whatever, i didnt want to bring the law into it.

Comment

• Movie_Junkie
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by lbjandai
            arnt like the small movies that arnt in theaters, arnt those free? whatever, i didnt want to bring the law into it.
            Since you did not say what the titles are I cannot answer your question. I can tell you that at least 95% of the movies that are available on DVD are not in theaters. That does not mean someone doesn't own the copyright to it.

Comment

• cognac
              • Nov 2004

yeah i agree you will loose the quality and the sound wouldnt sound good either, if there was such a site you would have to pay for the movies.. and yes tring to download a movie for free is illegal,lots of peps are doing this and getting there computers takin away from them and a big fat fine also ..so why even think of it lol

Comment

• Movie_Junkie
                Gold Member
                Gold Member
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by cognac
                yeah i agree you will loose the quality and the sound wouldnt sound good either, if there was such a site you would have to pay for the movies.. and yes tring to download a movie for free is illegal,lots of peps are doing this and getting there computers takin away from them and a big fat fine also ..so why even think of it lol
                You are so right. Why chance having something worth hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars taken from you for downloading something you could have bought for around $20.00. In addition you are also risking fines, lawyer fees, and possible jail time.

Comment

• Special Agent
                  • Nov 2004

Same reason people rob banks.....

Greed and stupidity!

-=SA=-

Comment

• ToddKidder
                    • Nov 2004

There are sites that you can legally download movies. C'mon guys.

Too many to list all of them.

The guy did not say he wanted to steal the movies. The above site even encourages that you share.

It is also "100 percent legal".

Edited by Admin: edited link to remove referral tag
                    Last edited by admin; 3 Dec 2004, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• Movie_Junkie
                      Gold Member
                      Gold Member
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Special Agent
                      Same reason people rob banks.....

Greed and stupidity!

-=SA=-
                      It is a sad fact of life, but it is true.

Comment

• Movie_Junkie
                        Gold Member
                        Gold Member
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ToddKidder

The guy did not say he wanted to steal the movies. The above site even encourages that you share.

Point well taken. The only thing I can say is that most of the time people who ask about downloading movies, software, music, etc. are trying to get something for nothing. Knowing this I guess it makes many of us think, incorrectly, that everybody wants to do that.
                        Last edited by admin; 3 Dec 2004, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• ToddKidder
                          • Nov 2004

It is unfortunate that so many do believe it is illegal. That I think is the common misconception among the general public at large.

It will soon be much more cost effective to download media and burn it (at a small and worthwhile cost), as it will be much cheaper in the long run from buying a DVD and collecting them only to have to sell them later (if you can), as new technology comes about. Case in point HDVD is around the corner and all of the DVD's I have accumulated are and were a complete waste of $$. I believe it will be just as cheap as renting a DVD and then illegally burning a copy to keep.

It will soon be very cost effective to download what you want, and burn it..... or not even burn it.... but rather just have it available from online whenever you want to watch it..... or whatever you want to watch.

Sort of takes all the fun out of stealing when you realize it actually cost you more doesn't it?
                          Last edited by ToddKidder; 3 Dec 2004, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• Floppy

Originally posted by Movie_Junkie
                            Point well taken. The only thing I can say is that most of the time people who ask about downloading movies, software, music, etc. are trying to get something for nothing. Knowing this I guess it makes many of us think, incorrectly, that everybody wants to do that.
                            The original question says
                            is there any site like this or can u download thses on p2p's?
                            Anyone can say that this is a 50/50 question...

Films that are not released in theatres (unless home made) are still bound by copyright laws so I dont think unless you pay them your gonna get them legally...

the law is all around and rules as well...

maybe next time people should read the rules before posting highly controversial threads...

Comment

• admin
                              Administrator
                              • Nov 2001

Originally posted by ToddKidder

I haven't used this site personally, but this looks like one of thousands sites that offers nothing except instructions on how to use P2P to download "whatever you want", including illegal files. Their FAQ is a joke, with questions like "My web browser asks me if I want to save or open the file. What should I do?" and "I just downloaded and saved the file to my hard drive, but I forgot where it is. How can I find it again?" - thanks, but I don't need a tutorial on how to use Internet Explorer.

Unless "Ultimate Movie Download" have their own private file sharing network of "30 million users", and they somehow have the super computing capability to monitor the files being shared by all of these users (a capability that even the FBI lacks currently), chances are you are able to find illegal files using the techniques offered by this website. Even their front page says "Download and share <u>anything</u> you want anytime you want." - does that include illegal files, I wonder?

This is what I think Ultimate Movie Download" does:
                              - Give you links to download P2P software
                              - Teach people to use P2P, although you can find free instructions just about anywhere
                              - P2P networks hosts lots of legal files, so if you manage to download something illegal, that's your problem

And that's the other big issue really. When something like file sharing can be used both legally and illegally, who's responsibility is it when someone does something illegal - the people who setup and maintain the network (or teaches people how to use it), or the person that actually seeds or downloads the pirated file (versus the thousands of others that choose to use the network legally)?

For Hollywood and the music industry (the MPAA and RIAA), it's much easier to close down a network, than it is to monitor the millions of users of the network, spot some sort of copyright infringement, try to get the permission of the original copyright holders to allow them to take action, and then hire detectives to track down each and every one of those users that do breach copyright. Of course, they will occasionally fire a few lawsuits at individuals to scare the rest of us, but their strategy will always be to go for the large guys, even if it means denying the legitimate users. They will close down sites like "Ultimate Movie Downloads", even though they technically didn't offer any pirated movies, because in their eyes and under the law, it is 100% illegal. They will also close down this site if there is an emphasis in the discussions about P2P.

This is unfair, but it is happening because the US DMCA legislation allows it, as it was written by the MPAA/RIAA and the people who passed the bill are in their pockets. The only reason they haven't closed down all these sites is because, they don't have the resources to do so - yet (the MPAA/RIAA are trying to have the power to force ISPs and web hosts to do their dirty work in the future).

But why go to all this trouble over a few lost CD sales, if there were any loses at all in the first place (http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...d=970599119419)?

Movies and music are artificially priced cash cows, and the studios themselve knows it. The studios control distribution and they want to keep this control forever. They will do everything in their power to make sure things like online movie/music sales don't get too popular, because the Internet can finally allow artists to manage the distribution of their own work (through P2P or other technologies). And that's what they really fear.
                              Last edited by admin; 3 Dec 2004, 09:58 PM.
                              Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...