What is the best dvd compression software today?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sorchin
    • Mar 2005

What is the best dvd compression software today?

I know of dvdshrink. but I hear there will be no more updates for it and some of the new movies coming out wont work with it. What are some other ones that do work?
    Thanks..
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Actually, you can successfully use (freeware) DVD Decrypter (v.3.52 or newer) in conjunction with DVD Shrink to deal with DVDs containing the newer "ArccoS" copy protection.

Alternatively, a "one-step" solution, that is continually updated is the commercial software, "DVD95Copy" - available at:

Comment

• ormonde
      Digital Video Explorer
      • Dec 2003

There is "NeroRecode" (there has been speculation in these forums that the author of DVD Shrink and NeroRecode are one in the same).

Comment

• sorchin
        • Mar 2005

Thanks everyone.

Comment

• ormonde
          Digital Video Explorer
          • Dec 2003

"Thanks everyone."

Glad (We) could be of help

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

because you'll find plenty of titles that wont look too good using a transcoder (like the internal in shrink) instead of a more powerful encoder (like cce, procoder, quenc etc) my first choice is:

dvd rebuilder

Comment

• nwg
              Left *****
              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by UncasMS
              because you'll find plenty of titles that wont look too good using a transcoder (like the internal in shrink) instead of a more powerful encoder (like cce, procoder, quenc etc) my first choice is:

dvd rebuilder

DVD Rebuilder With Quenc as it will still be freeware.

However, the latest shrink is very close to an encoder when using AEC quality settings. I have had a couple of DVD's turn out better using Shrink compared to DVD Rebuilder.

I would use Shrink at first, and then maybe change programs for the odd DVD that doesn't turn out well.

Comment

Working...