X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I think the burner is totally stuffed or something..."

1) Have you previously successfully burned any DVDs with this burner?

2) Have you successfully burned any DVDs with this burner since you applied the irreversible update v.1.19? Did you obtain the update from the official Pioneer website or elsewhwere?

3) Which version of the update did you apply - and are you certain it was the correct one for your external version of this burner?

DVR-108AXL(BXL,EXL)
    or
    DVR-108(BK)

Comment

• FruitLoop
      • Apr 2005

yes i have previously burnt with this burner, successfully. However i haven't been using it lately as i had a 120GB hdd but now thats died, so i need to use it again.

i haven't been able to successfully burn DVDs with it but CDRW are fine after the update. I got the driver update from the official pioneer website: http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/compute.../firmware.html

Its not an external burner. Its a burner thats placed inside a caddy. Its currently connected through a firewirel. I can connect it to usb too, but only 1.1 (old laptop) and that doesn't burn either. (it used to be able to, but very slowly...about 2hrs for 4.7GB)

I hope this helps.
      Last edited by FruitLoop; 12 Apr 2005, 02:00 AM.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Again, which version of the update did you apply - and are you certain it was the correct one for your external version of this burner?

DVR-108AXL(BXL,EXL)
        or
        DVR-108(BK)

I ask this because applying the wrong update could possibly be the cause of your problem - and, again, the v.1.19 updates are, per Pioneer, irreversible...

Comment

• FruitLoop
          • Apr 2005

there is only one version there. I applied that one from the site above. DVR-108 DVD Writer - it maches my dvd burner...

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

k...

(It's curious that [at least] some other official Pioneer websites show two, presumably different firware updates as I previuosky listed)
            Last edited by setarip; 12 Apr 2005, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Working...