X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Time for Don Quixote?

Although I've personally never had the misfortune of purchasing poor quality media under a "high quality" brand name label, it's become all too obvious that this is becoming commonplace.

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to start a write-in campaign to the Federal Trade Commission in the U.S. and similar entities worldwide, demanding that packaging of all burnable media and ads (in print and online) for burnable media clearly indicate the Manufacturer's I.D.?
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

I musta missed this one because of the title I didn't like the book.

Worthwhile, sure is. Lets get the FCC land and email address and let them know how we feel! And you guys and gals in other countries do the same. It might be time for a "worldwide media party" ( referring to the Boston Tea Party here in the states)

Another reason I always hold on to a receipt when I purchase stuff. No good, and it goes back.

@setarip -

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

clearly indicate the Manufacturer's I.D.
      which of course wont be of any help when dealing with faked media ids

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"which of course wont be of any help when dealing with faked media ids"

Nothing in life is perfect - but this (External marking of Media I.D.) would be valid for the vast majority of media sold by reliable sources...

Comment

• jm1647
          An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
          • Apr 2005

Media - it's all a crap shoot - That's whY I save the receipt and only deal with who will accept return. I almost always buy locally on sale or from reputable online dealers.

Having the MIC on the packaging would be nice to save the first big question...I wonder what MIC these are.

Comment

Working...