X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NightTran
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

they are not as cheap compare to the store, but if free shipping it is should be close 95-98 qua few 99 only but good enough
    sigpic

Comment

• themediaman
      • Apr 2006

Taiyo Yuden Cheap

This site seems to have REALLY good prices on Taiyo Yuden: http://www.mediamegamall.com/taiyo-y...0sk-p-552.html

They have the DVD-R's for $0.30 Shipped with real TY part numbers and media codes.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

might get 8x or 16x?

Comment

• taags
          • May 2006

Haha i laught really hard when i see that they rank TDK high. Those are the worst piece of **** discs ever. 1 of 10 works.

What is the best dvd-discs you can recommend?

Comment

• Gary D
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2005

I would go to videohelp and see what works great with you burner. LINK

Then I would take the list and cross reference with this quality guide list and pick the best. LINK
            Gary D

Comment

• geno888
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by taags
              Haha i laught really hard when i see that they rank TDK high. Those are the worst piece of **** discs ever. 1 of 10 works.

What is the best dvd-discs you can recommend?
              This is not always true. The main problem of TDK media is that they sell many types of media under the same brand, with no indication on the box of what you are buying.

You can find the worst media ever but also genuine Taiyo yuden discs. I found some taiyo in a store in my zone, but 1,70 euro for each disc is too much; buying taiyo on line is cheaper, and more safe, because as I said there were no indication in the box that media I bought were genuine taiyo.

Comment

• dmanshead
                Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
                • Dec 2005

the digitalfaqs are a great place to start, but for me I like the program dvdidentifier, and it's link to videohelp. either more people are getting wise to the made in japan thing, or less and less media is being made there.
                If you find sony with the made in japan logo on it it almost always is T Y media, i have had good results with the sony media made in taiwan as well, but only after i upgraded my firmware on my burner. Even with Imation media made in india the quality of my burns improved with the firmware upgrades. the Imation media made in taiwan is still cmc mag crap and nothing will help it, as is most of the memorrex media I have found.
                For questions about firmware and steps on how to update it read this thread http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=64340
                seems like just a few short weeks ago I was wallowing in the darkness but digging on the forums has turn on the bright lights....Happy burning
                If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
                Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

dman,
                  It's a steep mountain, you seem to be well on your way, trouble is after you think you have it all figured out, they change everything. Never boring.

taags, the safest media is TY(taiyo yuden), 8x but which + or - depends upon your standalone player, you should be getting 7-9 of 10 of the tdk to work.
                  Last edited by Chewy; 15 May 2006, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• gonwk
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Dec 2005

Lt. Columbo,
                    From your experience ... is Taiyo better than Verbs?
                    Thanks!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

ask chewy. i've never used any verbatim dvd's. they are never at a good price around here and price is the most important thing. i just have their cd-r's only. i use sony dvd's. some 08d1's, some tygo2. all excellent. never had and skips or flaws of any kind on that stuff. i don't scan my burns either (normally). for the amount of discs i burn i'd be scanning all the time--screw that. i hate burning as it is nevermind scanning yet!
                      Last edited by LT. Columbo; 19 May 2006, 02:18 PM.
                      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                      Columbo moments...
                      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• NightTran
                        King of Digital Video
                        King of Digital Video
                        • Aug 2005

I like yuden 8x + or - the verbatim the 8x- is very good too
                        sigpic

Comment

• gonwk
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Dec 2005

NightTran,
                          I have been using TYG02 or TYG03s religiously and been happy with them. But I just wanted to experiment with DVD+R and bitsetting and see if my cousin can play my backup ... so, now I got some T02 (DVD+R 8X) and T03 (16X) ... both of these two DVD+Rs WILL NOT Scan in NERO CD Check 4.51.1 ... I don't understand that!?!?!? I got my DVD+Rs from RIMA ... they have TERRIBLE Return Policy and they are giving me the run-around. So, beware!
                          Thanks!
                          G!

Comment

• Steve83
                            Bronco Guru
                            • May 2006

I've used the crappiest StarLogic all the way to Verb & TY with pretty much the same results: coasters can be blamed on ripping or editing errors - I haven't found one brand that is noticeably worse than another. I originally used DXC, then I went to DVD43/Shrink/Nero. Now I use DVDFD/PGCEdit/VOBBlanker/Shrink/Nero. But I've always used either HP or Plextor burners with a decent CPU & plenty of RAM.
                            Walk softly and carry a BIG SIX!!!

Comment

• NightTran
                              King of Digital Video
                              King of Digital Video
                              • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by gonwk
                              NightTran,
                              I have been using TYG02 or TYG03s religiously and been happy with them. But I just wanted to experiment with DVD+R and bitsetting and see if my cousin can play my backup ... so, now I got some T02 (DVD+R 8X) and T03 (16X) ... both of these two DVD+Rs WILL NOT Scan in NERO CD Check 4.51.1 ... I don't understand that!?!?!? I got my DVD+Rs from RIMA ... they have TERRIBLE Return Policy and they are giving me the run-around. So, beware!
                              Thanks!
                              G!
                              I never buy from Rigma, the yuden 8x+ I bought from store around here only, Sam bestbuy circuit city..., what burner are you scanning with? I never have broblem scanning with my benq 1640,50 and 55
                              sigpic

Comment

• gonwk
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                • Dec 2005

Hi Nighttran,

BenQ 1640 with F/W BSRB and before BSQB.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...