Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BOUNCINGNRG
    • Jun 2005

Burning of the Hard Drive?

When ripping a dvd with DVD shrink it save all the files to a folder on my hard drink, how do i go about burning these files of my hard drive on to a DVD to play in my player, my program is Nero?

Cheers
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Welcome to the forums BOUNCINGRG! Take a look at this thread: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...453#post221453

Comment

• photo_angel2004
      Queen of Digital Video
      Queen of Digital Video
      • Jan 2004

Or Just use Shrink:

You can burn the backup through shrink with nero, after opening the disc with Shrink click back up and select the back up target to your DVD burner. That will it will burn it for you and still save it into a file on your hard drive.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

One BIG drawback to that method, and is the reason I don't use that method is that if you burn automatically with Nero like photo angel was talking about. It burns at the fastest speed possible and there is no way to change it. Unless you are using the high quality media, more than likely you will experience freezing, pixelation, stuttering usually toward the end of the movie. I advise against it personally.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
          Queen of Digital Video
          Queen of Digital Video
          • Jan 2004

I am burning at 2x.

I have read a lot of threads where people are having a hard time getting shrink to burn at 2x, vs the max speed, I use shrink to burn and I am able to burn at 2x , I guess I am having a hard time understanding why other people cant seem to do this, I can choose to burn at 2x, 2.4X or 4X with no problems.
          Last edited by photo_angel2004; 12 Jun 2005, 02:07 AM. Reason: let me add to that

Comment

• Experi-Mentor
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Nov 2004

angel - the main reason the burns fail (auto burn with nero), is that some people have only the burner (as the reader), & this is where the problem start.
            when nero prompts for the disc change (post rip/shrink), there isn't enough time for the blank to initialize (once inserted), & is forced to that situation. (& also what jmet stated ("the speed factor")).
            on the other hand, if you have both (separate reader & burner), then it's a different ball game).

my method - is to "always" insert the blank 1st (i have a seperate reader/combo). i tend to use "auto burn with nero", only when i'm about to step out or, don't have the time to sit & wait for the prompts. but, any other time, i always burn manually. (a sense of having more control over the situation )

in the end, we all find a way/method which works the best for us

Comment

• koolrick13
              • Feb 2005

Dude easy! just open up Shrink and select open files, pick the folder, and let shrink analyzing the dvd and it will ask you the new destination to choose, name a new folder or just put a Number 1 behind the same folder. After Shrink relocates the files and then he will ask you to put in the blank and like that your done..

and if you dont have dvdShrink, get it and spot fooling around..
              Peace.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                Queen of Digital Video
                Queen of Digital Video
                • Jan 2004

I see

Originally Posted by Experi-Mentor
                angel - the main reason the burns fail (auto burn with nero), is that some people have only the burner (as the reader), & this is where the problem start.
                when nero prompts for the disc change (post rip/shrink), there isn't enough time for the blank to initialize (once inserted), & is forced to that situation. (& also what jmet stated ("the speed factor")).
                on the other hand, if you have both (separate reader & burner), then it's a different ball game).

in the end, we all find a way/method which works the best for us

** I see I forgot to take into consideration that some people are using only one drive I am just so used to having and using 2 drives one to read one to burn that I just wasn’t thinking of that factor, that makes sense now. I think it is much easier with 2 drives. I just thought I would mention that you could use just shrink to do it all. (For me that is the less hassle way.)
                Thanks.
                Last edited by photo_angel2004; 13 Jun 2005, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Working...