• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arminl
    • Jun 2005

DVD Shrink 3.2 & Nero 6 ... burn speed settings problem

Hi everyone,

can anyone explain the following behaviour I observe:

for quality reasons I want my 16x burner (LG 4163B, external via Firewire) to burn my 16x discs (genuine Verbatim CD-R) with 8x speed. At 16x speed I get a fairly high rate of failed burns of ~ 20%.

When trying to adjust the burn speed in dvd shrink I see varying (!) selections: I had (a while ago) the selection of 4x, 8x and max, which was fine. Right now I have only 2x and max (which burns with 16x). There have also been burns where I had only 2x, and one time I do even remember that there was just 1x to be selected. Sometimes I see odd numbes, like 1,8x or 2,2x as well.

Now this seems quite odd to me, since I have always used the same 16x discs taken from the same 25 disc spindle, and I haven't changed any setting In Nero or elsewehere.

Can anyone enlighten me why the program doesn't simply let me choose between 1x,2x,4x,8x and 16x ALL TIMES?

Thanks

Armin
  • photo_angel2004
    Queen of Digital Video
    Queen of Digital Video
    • Jan 2004

Good morning,
    You really shouldnt burn any faster then 4X I would recomend 2X for best quailty and less coasters., You also mentions about CD-R and not able to burn at 16X that will depend on what you are trying to burn Nero will usually burn at the fastest rate for the type of media you are burning, For Example when I burn a Music CD nero will burn it at 24x how ever If I am burning a pictures slide show on CD-R to make a VCD it will burn at 16X, buring video on DVD I use 2X. I hope that makes sence to you.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• arminl
      • Jun 2005

Not too much sense, sorry. I am always doing the same: copy some DVD videos from original DVDs onto DVD-Rs. Always the same procedure. That's why I don't understand why the speed settings do always show different settings: right now I am burning a DVD and got: 1.0, 2.0, 2.4 and "max" ... I also notoced before that what I can tell from the burning progress dialog the burning process picks its own speed anyway, regardless of what I set the burning speed setting to ...

Comment

• photo_angel2004
        Queen of Digital Video
        Queen of Digital Video
        • Jan 2004

If you want more control with the burn speed dont burn with Shrink burn the movie manually with Nero.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• jm1647
          An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
          • Apr 2005

I get 4x, 6x, 8x and max options through shrink/Nero and I get 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x, through Nero. Just noticed that cause I normaly burn with Nero through Shrink at least 4x

Comment

Working...