• Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

I would give a firmware upgrade a chance

it is older than the hills but it will be an educational experience

Comment

• DVDFan1969
      • Nov 2005

it talks anout unless i know what i'm doing it'll screw up my drive definitively so i'm kinda scared to go that route. you sure it isn't just the drive getting old? i could get a new drive if you think that will work. let me know.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

plan on the new drive anyway, chances are you will have to upgrade the firmware on it also, that's why I said it would be an educational experience

flash from safe mode
        have no disks in drive
        don't turn off the power during the flash

the reason companies release firmwares is to fix their drives

Comment

• DVDFan1969
          • Nov 2005

ok.

well what about the different links in the site? are they just mirrors? every download has several links so i didn't know.

Comment

• DVDFan1969
            • Nov 2005

question regarding updating firmware

After updating my firmware Burning to DVD+R has repaired itself but the update was supposed to allow -R and -RW burning. It does now say +-R indicating it can now understand both but when i put the -RW and the -R in the drive i get an I/O error. did it not install correctly? or did i miss something? there was supposed to be 2 files i was to install. 1 on the update itself and 1 to add on the -R. i installed them both i thought. Any ideas?

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

firmwares are list from left to right, oldest to newest

use B377 from my second link

Comment

• blutach
                Not a god of digital video
                • Oct 2004

Don't start a new thread please - continue in your old one.

Threads merged.

Regards
                Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• DVDFan1969
                  • Nov 2005

ok

sorry i did that. i assumed they were on 2 different topics entirely. again i'm sorry. anyway on the 2 links given i reinstalled both firmware packages next to the NEW on them. This time when i put the DVD-R in the drive,selected the ISO and clicked Write on decrypter,it started to load then at the bottom it gave me write errors. I don't think my drive is capable of burning to DVD-R like it says it's supposed to. Either that or i goofed up something. It won't burn to DVD-RW either. it'll still burn to DVD+R perfectly though. any advice?

Paul

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

firmwares don't add to each other, you would have to flash with the

NU DVDRW DDW-082
                    b377 to possibly add dash r support

if you flashed with another after that it would erase the first

Comment

• DVDFan1969
                      • Nov 2005

yeah.

well chewy didn't you give me 2 links above? i assumed you meant for me to install both. i was supposed to only install the 2nd? i'm confused.

Comment

• DVDFan1969
                        • Nov 2005

i just checked.

i put the first link at the top and installed that first so the b377 i think you called it was installed 2nd so that should be the latest thing i have if it did in fact overwrite the first link. So i don't get it. like i said in Decrypter it'll buffer to 100% then it'll pause for about 20 seconds. then at the bottom it'll cound from 1-20 Read Errors then it just conks out. Not sure if it might have something to do with the ISO. After burning Beerfest to DVD+R,after it finished,i got an I/O error so i don't know if it's the firmware or if it's the ISO. Mayne you could help me out.

Comment

• Chewy
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2003

link one listed your drive but said to enable dvd-r support use link 2

post burn log

Comment

• DVDFan1969
                            • Nov 2005

ok

I think i see what i did wrong. i didn;t wait long enough because even though this time it still gave me Read Errors it only gave me 3 then it started burning. It's burning at 2x speed which is normal but is 28 minutes roughly the normal time as well to burn? even at 2x i wouldn't think it'd take that long. oh well. Anyway,sorry about earlier.

Comment

• Chewy
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2003

Nov 11, 2004
                              even with the latest/newest firmware your blanks don't seem to be supported?

if they are 16x that would make sense, 2x speed would take almost 30 minutes

Comment

• DVDFan1969
                                • Nov 2005

update

update on that,Chewy. I told you as i posted that last post it took 3 tries before finally burning. well after it finished burning it showed on the disc itself the burn marks but when i played it on a DVD Player it acted like nothing was on it. i don't think this burner does well with -R regardless of what the firmware says.

Comment

Working...