Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

My reasoning for the question on Shronk was that it might pick up Nero again.

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

shrink, shrank, shrunk, whatever?

let's not go there

Comment

• soup
        Just Trying To Help
        • Nov 2005

Wilco.

Comment

• ulTRAX
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          • Jan 2005

Originally Posted by soup
          Did you say that you tried reinstalling Dvd Shronk?

Yup. All the burn options are ghosted out.

Comment

• ulTRAX
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            • Jan 2005

Originally Posted by NightTran
            I believe if you burn with imgburn then booktype with shronk wontbe matter, follow Chewy first post in this then use imgburn to burn then your disk should be book type
            I guess the bigger issue is, is there some inherent problem with the DRU830a burner? The difficulty in booktyping is just one problem. I also can't use some programs like DVD InfoPro and Nero Speed unless I switch to POI mode.

So if I can get another drive that acts like my old DRU630a... then I can go back to business as usual.

Comment

• md95
              • Jul 2007

Originally Posted by ulTRAX
              I've been loathe to install that Nero software since Sony started putting rootkits on PCs. So that software can do what Nero 7 ultra can't? The booktyping options in Nero Speed are currently ghosted. So where in the bundled software do you set the booktype?
              When you go to add DVD files, in the "choose recorder" window, you hit the "settings" tab, and the bottom of the window opens up a bit more, then the "booktype" setting is at the very bottom left corner. It's the same location as Nero 6 was..this wasnt there though with Nero 6 after i installed the drive, only there after i installed the bundled Nero 7..I had Nero 6 Ultra as well. I dont get it either..I use Shrink to rip, and Nero to burn, and it works for what i want it to, so i went with it. I didnt get "ghosted" settings either, they just didnt show up at all. I dont see why the bundled Nero software would be any different than Nero 7 Ultra though..it's got to be possible somehow, i just havent had any time to play around with it..

Comment

Working...