Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TimeZone
    • Aug 2003

The Edge, Thanks for looking.

Shiny#3, I appreciate your looking, but I have tried these in the past and a few other versions off the Compaq site without success. It gave a hardware not supported message right at the start of the setup program. I am guessing it is probably Compaq specific on these versions and doesn't seem to work for IBM ThinkPads, at least not mine.

Thanks
    TimeZone

Comment

• ken.walton
      • Nov 2003

Thinkpad 770 DVD in Windows 2000

I too have a Thinkpad 770 (233MHz, 64Mb RAM0 with DVD drive and no original software. But I got it all working in the following way...

This is using Windows 2000; I can't vouch for any other versions.

First I downloaded and installed the DVD drivers from the IBM website.

mptpcw98.exe

Then I installed Power DVD 3.0, which installed the necessary DVD decoders. The actual program's too slow for 233Mhz, so you can then uninstall it again, which leaves the decoders instact.

Then I used the DVD player which is cunningly hidden in Windows 2000 in the c:\winnt\system32 directory.

And it works fine! The picture's not as sharp as on a modern PC, but it's as good as a video recorder and an average TV!

A word of warning; this process doesn't work with SoftDVDMax 6.0; the DVD decoders aren't compatible.

Comment

• paul_999
        • Dec 2003

Better AGP card?

My slow machine is 375Mhz PC. I tested the hard drive record @ 7.5MBs so its good enough to capture raw DV from a camcorder we are buying for xmas.

With lots of patience I could encode mpeg-2, but I know it does not play mpeg-2 too well on my 1999 ATI Rage 128 16mb 2X AGP graphics with the XP cpu often hitting 100%

If I upgraded to a modern 2x/4x AGP card [in 2x mode] would that let me see quality mpeg or even raw DV/AVI full screen with little CPU overhead?
        Later I would move the new card to a new PC of course, when I've got spare cash.

Comment

• micmovie
          • Jan 2004

same problem (DVDexpress)

Have you solved your problem?
          I have the same problem, looking for
          DVDexpress for my ThinkPad 770E!!

Who can give me a hint??

Comment

Working...