X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spawn2099
    • Jan 2002

really really need help

Hello,
    I just bought an ATI 8500 OEM model I have the TV-out all hooked up and it works great! just one problem when I try to watch any kind of video file (DIVX, .mov, MPEG, or even DVD) the screen shows but where the movie should be in the player it shows up as just black on the screen so it will show the rest of the desktop but the vid area for the player is just black and in full screen it just all turns back. Is there some sort of de-macrovision prog I need (kind of a newb at this)?

Any help is appriciated thx in advance

-Ken-
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

have you tried different vga drivers (older or newer) ?

you can rid of macrovision, when you rip your data with smartripper and under settings tick 'de-macrovision'

Comment

• Dev
      • Mar 2002

Tv-out blank screen on DVD playback

I have a similar problem I have a nvidia geoforce 4 MX440 card with TV-out. Do you have any suggestions to see dvd movie on TV.I can see the PC screen on the TV but black screen on the video area.

Comment

• StumdoeS
        • Mar 2002

I know there are fixes for this type of problem..
        Its the similar way when you have tvout on a laptop, the movie wont show on the tv unless you shut the lid of the laptop so that the screen turns off.

Try unplugging your monitor..?!?!

Try this patch aswell...this one did the trick for me

ftp://ftp.nec-computers.com/pub/item...0/Tvoutfix.exe

cheers

Comment

• setmupjoe
          • Jan 2003

Actually, I just ordered the same exact card and I finally was able to come to a resolution.

ATI did not supply updated software with my card. I went to the site and downloaded Catalyst 3.0 TV Capture Drivers, Display Drivers and Control Panel.

Upon installation, if you go to the advanced tab on you primary display, then the overlay tab, you will now have the option for "Theater Mode".

This will give you a movie on your tv, and still allow you work on your pc. Very handy!!!

Enjoy

Comment

Working...