X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

local BB runs bin sales/ 4 for $20 . Sometimes if your're lucky, 5 for $20, when they are trying to clear out the older stuff.

I just recently completed my collection of the "Killer Tomatoes" series! I know, they are considered very lame, but are funny in their own way...

katz

Comment

• Dan
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by volfann
      Just picked up an older movie (duh) while dumpster diving in the $5.00 bin at the local Wally World. 1992 Reservoir Dogs. Quentin Tarantinos first effort. Anyone here seen this flick ? Sounds like it may be worth watching.
      I call it finding a jewel in the rough. I love finding movies that I think are great and getting them brand new for 5 bucks. Been buying lots from the Clint Eastwood collection lately.

Very cheap case, but it's the movie I want.

Comment

• volfann
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        • Jun 2006

Finally got to sit down and watch Reservoir Dogs.. BLOODY excellent I must say..
        sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• blutach
          Not a god of digital video
          • Oct 2004

One of the greats. The whole thing is timed to watch the life (literally) seeping outa this guy. You kinda feel it all happening.

Michael Madsen's performance was outstanding, too (QT loves this guy - he's in most of his flicks). 10/10 in my book.

Regards
          Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
          [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• Steve83
            Bronco Guru
            • May 2006

Neither 4 Rooms nor From Dusk Till Dawn is technically a QT movie. He only wrote the 1st half of FDTD as a short story (like most of his works) & co-starred in it. His buddy Robert Rodriguez wrote the 2nd half (just another short story) & directed the film. 4 Rooms was a project he put together with 3 other "unknown" directors. They met & decided to write 4 short screenplays based in a hotel on New Year's Eve, linked by the bellhop. Then they split up & each wrote a story alone. They met back up, & put the movie together. To me, the most interesting part is how Q did his room with over 4 minutes of continuous camera work & acting from 5 people on 1 set without a cut - twice! Watch closely after the 2 naked girls run out.

QT appears in all of his own movies, & Salma Hayek appears in all of RR's - even his room (The Misbehavers) has a few quick shots of her stomach as the T&A dancer on TV. Their producer Lawrence Bender appeared in The Wrong Man room as the ice guy on the phone who barfs out the window on Ted.

No, I'm not a QT fan...
            Walk softly and carry a BIG SIX!!!

Comment

• unckiejohn
              • Sep 2005

I was going to post to correct that i was not QT that directed D2D but Steves post i more than I could have hoped to come up with......'

Four rooms is now in my queue......

mmmmmmm.........Salma Hayek.........mmmmmmmm

Comment

• volfann
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                • Jun 2006

Just picked up 5 great previously viewed war flicks at local BB for $20. "Patton","Midway","Tora Tora Tora","Platoon" and "Full Metal Jacket".
                sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

good deal, 4 dollas for full metal jacket especially.
                  "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                  Columbo moments...
                  "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                  "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                  (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• volfann
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    • Jun 2006

Yeah,LT. I be lovin me some good war flix. All are in excellent condition too. Here's my war face AAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!!!! kill kill kill!!!
                    sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• volfann
                      Digital Video Enthusiast
                      Digital Video Enthusiast
                      • Jun 2006

My latest aquisition from the refuse bin. "The Night Stalker " and "The Night Strangler". Two original made for TV movies in the Kolchak series Starring Darren McGavin. (R.I.P.) These two movies scared the crap out of me many years ago before video and cable. Stalker is still one of the most watched made for Tv flicks ever put on network TV. Wife found them at a yardsale!
                      sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

not sure i seen those. sounds familiar.
                        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                        Columbo moments...
                        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• volfann
                          Digital Video Enthusiast
                          Digital Video Enthusiast
                          • Jun 2006

These movies were early to mid 70's LT. Mcgavin played a newspaper reporter going after ghoulies. Was later turned into a short lived series. They may not be as scary now but were quite good to be made for TV horror flicks.
                          sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• jm1647
                            An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                            • Apr 2005

The Night Stalker was great!!!! Wasn't that a series on TV, also with Darren McGavin?

Edit - ah you posted that it was a series as I was posting

Comment

• toomanycats
                              Digital Video Expert
                              Digital Video Expert
                              • Apr 2005

Dumpster diving can be taken to new extremes if you know where your local Blockbuster throws out their movies. In a town that I lived in a friend of mine runs the local transfer station and the local Blockbuster thru out about 2000 movies that they no longer had room for. My buddy gave me what I wanted and sold the rest on Ebay at ridiculous prices. The town (for whom he works) told him that once the goods are dumped they become town property and he could "salvage" whatever he please but could not sell it on the premises, only at home. The town has a free table for residents so many were left their for residents to take, free. I am sure many people will have their opinions about this, however, this is an upscale town in Connecticut and if they say it is legit I am sure it passed by their lawyers. I personally obtained a 19' O'day Mariner sailboat with a 4 year old Noreaster trailer for free. The boat is all there, just needs a new jib.

Comment

• volfann
                                Digital Video Enthusiast
                                Digital Video Enthusiast
                                • Jun 2006

Never thought of that . Saw a medium sized dumpster behind the local BB. Could offer the rug rats a shiny quarter for each DVD they find !!
                                sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

Working...