X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • akasa@telus.net
    April
    • Aug 2006

Dvd playback

I have been burning disks for a while and latley some of the movies don't work on my panisonic dvd player but are working only on my crappy no name dvd player. I was wondering if anyone new why this is and how I can fix it. I only use Verbatims and It really sucks having to watch a movie in the bedroom on the 13" tv rather then in the living room on the big tv.
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

Just for the heck of it, why not post a burn log?

Comment

• akasa@telus.net
      April
      • Aug 2006

How can I post a burn log when I am just asking a question I have already burnned these movies a few months ago and I just wondered?? Why some of them wouldn't work on certain DVD players is it the DVD player or me

Comment

• soup
        Just Trying To Help
        • Nov 2005

Have you tried cleaning the Panasonic & what message if any do you get when you try to play them?

Comment

• akasa@telus.net
          April
          • Aug 2006

I haven't tried cleaning it cause a lot of other movies work but with these ones that don't I put them it it starts up says play on the screen then it just stops and sit's on the screen saver and where it would normally say play it just has four zeros like 0000 does that help

Comment

• NightTran
            King of Digital Video
            King of Digital Video
            • Aug 2005

there are some post about picky panasonic player here and how they make it play on it, search the forum
            sigpic

Comment

• akasa@telus.net
              April
              • Aug 2006

Okay thanks I will try that but here is something wird I just tried the movie that wasn't working again in the player and nothing it just doesn't start up. So I put it in the play station 2 and it wokrs in there?? Strange

Comment

• NightTran
                King of Digital Video
                King of Digital Video
                • Aug 2005

try that link
                sigpic

Comment

• soup
                  Just Trying To Help
                  • Nov 2005

I think your Panasonic is getting really picky & yet mine plays everything, Dvd+R or Dvd-R it doesn't matter. These few that don't work now, they worked in the Panasonic before? BTW I have a Panasonic DVD-S35.

Comment

• akasa@telus.net
                    April
                    • Aug 2006

Thank you for that link that is the same movie, employee of the month, that I can't get to work but I also have many others oh well good excuss to get a new DVD player. I just wanted clarification becasue my boyfriend keeps blaming me that I am burning them wrong and I keep telling him it's the DVD player. Next time I am burning I will try that cause this one is already done.

Comment

• akasa@telus.net
                      April
                      • Aug 2006

No they never worked before, and mine is a DVD- S27. So I haven't watched caused they didn't work and others I have watched In the bedroom. I never new the play station would work and it's hook up to all the speakers so I can just use that for those specific ones. I only ever use R- becasue I was told that they were the best ones for movies and I only use verbatims. Now I don't know if I should be using R+?

Comment

• soup
                        Just Trying To Help
                        • Nov 2005

Well if your drive supports it the Dvd+R's can be booktyped to Dvd ROM which is the profile of a commercial Dvd.

Comment

• akasa@telus.net
                          April
                          • Aug 2006

Yeah mine supports it, what Liars the people at the stores are.

Comment

• soup
                            Just Trying To Help
                            • Nov 2005

Been through that before I found this Forum.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                              Queen of Digital Video
                              Queen of Digital Video
                              • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by akasa@telus.net
                              I have been burning disks for a while and latley some of the movies don't work on my panisonic dvd player but are working only on my crappy no name dvd player. I was wondering if anyone new why this is and how I can fix it. I only use Verbatims and It really sucks having to watch a movie in the bedroom on the 13" tv rather then in the living room on the big tv.
                              Some stand alones are just too picky, I have notice that the more Ripit4me changes the less my Toshiba seems to like the back ups.

At this point I am throwing in the towl and buying a new player. Most of the new players will play just about anything as where some of the older ones are gettting real picky as new copy encryptings become much more insane as time goes by.

I have found that when using ripit4me the unchecking removie tiny cells and changing some other setting around makes the back ups more playable but that method doesnt work with all of the new titles.

I have a pile of back ups now that my Toshiba in my living room will not play right and will play great on my sons PS2.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

Working...