Watch all region DVDs on RPC2 DVD drive without updating firmware!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamagurka
    • Apr 2002

oh, well, regardless of what i said i tried it
    ...but since it makes my player crash im not interested further.

Comment

• fengtao
      • Mar 2002

Dear all,

DVD Region-Free 1.02 has been released! This version fixed no sound problem in WinXP + PowerDVD XP, and several small bugs.

If you have problems with former version of DVD Region-Free, please try the latest version at http://www.dvdidle.com/download/DVDRegionFree10.exe

Best Regards,
      Fengtao
      DVD Region+CSS Free - Remove any DVD copy protection, such as Region, CSS, Sony ARccOS, etc.
      DVDFab - DVD copy software, copy DVD to DVDR perfectly!
      DVDIdle - Extend lifetime of your DVD drive!
      http://www.dvdidle.com/

Comment

• ayjayy
        • Jun 2002

it doesnt work . . . . still.

Comment

• technine
          • Aug 2002

works for me

Im version 1.02 using it on a sony vaio running windows xp with a matshita cdrw/dvd combo drive works fine for me.
          it seems pretty expensive but yes it does work

Ive only used winDVD to play but it works fine with that.
          it sure as hell beats changing your firmware anyday!

Comment

• thero©k
            • Sep 2002

Hi guys i have that rc3 version,and when tried to see a zone 2 dvd while already have zone 1,used the programm and there was no message for changing the region and the dvd played.But when i tried to see my dvd info,i realised it had actually wasted one try to get to zone 2!Is that normal?

Comment

• ayjayy
              • Jun 2002

nope, its not normal. but this program is pretty shoddy and doesnt work with a few of the standard dvd drives. especially not with the packard bell factory fitted dvd drives.

it usually just gives u an error messages and closes down the application you are using, or plays the dvd like u said, but uses up one of your changes to do it.

The only foolproof way around this kind of problem is to go out and buy a drive that is region free and take your old one out. Anything else is just a temporary measure that wont work long term....

Comment

• fengtao
                • Mar 2002

Hi ayjayy,

The latest version of DVD Region-Free 1.06 is out! This version fixed several serious bugs, please try the new version at http://www.dvdidle.com/download/DVDRegionFree10.exe

Any future problems, please feel free to contact us at support@dvdidle.com

Best Regards,
                Fengtao
                DVD Region+CSS Free - Remove any DVD copy protection, such as Region, CSS, Sony ARccOS, etc.
                DVDFab - DVD copy software, copy DVD to DVDR perfectly!
                DVDIdle - Extend lifetime of your DVD drive!
                http://www.dvdidle.com/

Comment

• ayjayy
                  • Jun 2002

No thanks . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I have tried this piece of software about four or five times and it has never even come close to working, it either just plain sucks, or isnt compatible with my system..... but in either case it doesn't do what it says it does. . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Evil-Eye
                    • Sep 2002

??

Isn't this what you would call ummm, SPAM!

Comment

• ayjayy
                      • Jun 2002

It is actually, and its been reported.

Very annoying, and advertising a product that doesnt work too !

Comment

• admin
                        Administrator
                        • Nov 2001

fengtao : continuing to promote a particular product (especially if it is not a free product) is considered spamming.

Don't even think about using copy/paste to post your promos in multiple forums ...

If you want to post updates for your software, try to keep them all in one post (keep on replying to one particular thread).

I have already banned several members for spamming their respective products, and in some cases, I've removed their software from DVD/DivX Digest's software sections ... DVDIdle and DVD Region-Free are currently listed on DVD Digest, so be careful ...

As for whether DVDIdle/DVD Region-Free works or not ... this kind of software always has a high chance of failure (trying to remove some kind of hardware restriction through software, and having to deal with many different brands/models of hardware as well) - I would not add this kind of software to DVD Digest, unless trial versions are available.
                        Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...