Windows XP and media payer 7 prob!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • opm1s6
    • Jul 2002

sorry about that

sorry about that last reply, i ment outside of nickey's tutorial, outside of the digital digest.

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

Comment

• dfourthhorseman
        • Apr 2002

WinXP's Media Player doesn't need any updating, that's what its download section on the microsoft website say for XP users. I have the latest of every Codec.

With XP's native player, some files (its rare but still occurs) would be cognized as pure audio and would display the visualization rather than the video. These files would play fine with other players, like BSPlayer or WMP 6.4 (mplayer2.exe).

With VirtualDub I can't find any real contrast between these files and all my tons of other downloaded movie files that works fine, like in sampling rate (hz) or bitrate (kbps). All they have in common I think is that they use MP3 as the audio layer, I think I heard somewhere that all of this is caused by XP's bad MP3 decoder.

I also ran across problems making videos when I was converting some DVDs into Divx with DVDx v1.7, now the 2.0 version seems to work fine tho, where all data rates for the MP3 96kps and above would cause the created video to exhibit the problem.

I hope someone has a fix for this (sides using XP's secondary player mplayer2.exe cause its a lil inconvient when playing and you want to skip around, you gotta exit full screen mode which need either Alt-Enter or right clicking etc etc, or using another player),

DFourthHorseman

Comment

Working...