Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Krazz
    • Jan 2003

General AC3 question

First I want to say hello to the digidigest for the great work through all times. Keep it up...

My question is pretty simple. I want to convert the movie Das Boot with AC3 sound, which shouldn't be a problem, but is it possible to get the final movie to have AC3 sound in either English or German?!? In other words, can I include both soundstreams and when viewing the movie select what language to play?

Maybe the only way is to make two separate movies, one with English sound and one with German. :/
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

nandub will allow you to mux two different sound streams under one AVI file. Morgan Stream Switcher will allow you to switch between the sound tracks during viewing.

Comment

• Krazz
      • Jan 2003

Thank you. I will try that.

Happy New Year btw...

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

You're welcome.

Comment

• Krazz
          • Jan 2003

Here's a followup question then...

How do I rip only the two languages I want out of the DVD? There is English, German, Italian, English (comments) on the DVD and I only want English and German.

I hate being new to things. lol

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Use DVD2AVI to extract the AC3 sound streams.

For each sound track:
            1. Go to Audio tab and set DVD2AVI to Demux Dolby Digital sounds
            2. Select the appropriate track numbers (you need to test it one by one to know which track number contains the desired languages)
            3. Save as Project file (You will obtain the AC3 sound file for the selected track)
            4. Repeat the procedure for the other language

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

if you want to read some more on exracting + converting audiostreams and finally mux it with your videostream, you might take a look at my guide: click the upper anigif

under audio will be the was i prefer to extract my audio and at the beginning of the ENCODING part of the GORDIANKNOT/DIVX5 routine, you will find some infos on how to have dvd2avi (what enchanter proposes) extract the ac3 files.

Comment

Working...