X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Ringing parameter for BicubicResize

I'm trying to tweak parameters of the BicubicResize Avisynth plug-in in accordance to the following: BicubicResize(clip, int target_width, int target_height, float "b", float "c")

I intend to leave the value of b at 0 (Convolution3D will take care of the blurring), but as for the value of c, I'm still confused. According to the readme, a higher value of c leads to crispening of the video, and beyond the value of 0.6, it leads to "ringing." Does crispening actually do the same thing as sharpening does to compressibility? I'm doing some tests right now, but I'd appreciate it if I could get some quick answers (and spare myself the time). I'm ultimately seeking a way to prevent mosquito noise around lines, without having to blur the video too much. Thanks.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

i prefer Lanczos

have you/will you compare(d)?

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

Yes. Lanczos was unfortunately too sharpening for my particular source (I normally use this lanczos nowadays). I had so much more artifacts than when I used Bicubic (b=0,c=0.75 & the default b=0.33,c=0.33). Hence the reason why I'm thinking of tweaking the parameters of the bicubicresizer so as to increase the compressibility of the lines (applying 3DConvolution (LQ preset) was not enough).
      Last edited by Enchanter; 3 Jan 2003, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Working...