Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonb
    • Jan 2003

format conversion

I have downloaded my Video onto my computer using Windows Movie Maker, it has saved it in WMV format. I am wanting to burn this to a CD so that I can wiew my video on my DVD video player. I need to convert this but I can't any suggestions?
  • rman
    • Jan 2003

You could try to either re-encode your movie either into VCD or SVCD format. These two will usually work with stand alone DVD players. I use TMPGEnc for this. The reason it must be reencoded is WMV isn't compatible with most DVD players. I myself would encode in SVCD. Much better quality then VCD but not as compatible either. VCD has a much better compatibility rate though.

Comment

• simonb
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by rman
      You could try to either re-encode your movie either into VCD or SVCD format. These two will usually work with stand alone DVD players. I use TMPGEnc for this. The reason it must be reencoded is WMV isn't compatible with most DVD players. I myself would encode in SVCD. Much better quality then VCD but not as compatible either. VCD has a much better compatibility rate though.

Sorry is TMPGEnc a software package that I need to buy to re encode?

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

google.com might tell you more on tmpeg

Comment

• rman
          • Jan 2003

You can buy TMPGEnc Pro,but i usually just use the free version. The free version only has 30 days on the MPEG2 encoding, but for some reason the 30 days never expires on the version i have. I never cracked this version in any way either. It's version 2.54 i am using. You can find TMPGEnc at divx digest.

Comment

Working...