Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foggy
    • Jan 2003

Easy Copy DVD, DVD Copy Pro..

Hi, I Just bought my first DVD player for my computer and im wondering if these software titles actually work to help backup my DVD's to CD-R

Easy Copy DVD
    DVD Copy Plus 4.2
    DVD Copy Pro
    DVD Ripper Copy Pro
    DVD Squeeze

and I see so many other software titles around on search engines im confused on which one to buy and which one will work or which one is a fly by nite company.....

Iv followed some of the links in the Beginner Guide at the top of this forum.. And I tried Gordian Knot and it seemed to work ok, but took hours.. Then when i went to use Nero to burn it on to CD-R it didnt work.. somthing about avi decode error.. so i upgraded to the newest Nero and its working but it seems to be encoding again.. which is taking another 2 -3 hours and then fails cuz it wont fit on the CD-R.. ahhhh...

I know this is a long process anyway but im wondering if any of these programs i mentioned or other programs would work.. Im new to this and id rather just use one program rather than Gordian, Smart Ripper then DVD2AVI then Nero.

My computer is AMD XP 1700 with 256MB Ram, 20GB disk 7200rpm

If anyone can guide me to a thread discussing this or if you know these programs actually do or do not work.. please let me know.. I dont want to blow money on junk...

Thanks

Matt
    Last edited by foggy; 9 Jan 2003, 01:17 PM.
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

What are you trying to do ? ((S)VCD or DivX)

Do you need the cd's to be playable on standalone DVD players ?.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Batman
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2002

Some (if not all) of the software you mention is simply repackaged freeware.

If you intend to view your backups on a PC I would recommend the divx/xvid formats. You should check out encoding guides at doom9.org and the digital-digest articles.

Comment

• wedford
        • Jan 2003

Hi all,

I'm also a newbie, I'm interested also in these programs that Foggie posted. Are they all programs that are just repackaged? In their advertising they make it all sound so easy. I would like the ability to copy DVD's to VCD/SVCD. What would be the easiest - best method? Also I've been using PTE to make slideshows for the pc that really look good however it won't allow you to make something for a DVD. I've been looking at PROSHOWGOLD and XAT to do so, Anyone have experience with them or with anything else that's better for this?

Thanks

AMDXP 1600+, 256MB DDR PC2100 Mem, 55GB HD, XP & 98

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

the best tool to convert dvd to vcd/svcd is DVD2SVCD

extremely easy and superb quality

Comment

Working...