trouble writing/burning divx/avi ... help!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heureuse8
    • Jan 2003

trouble writing/burning divx/avi ... help!!!

hello , can someone help me ... i am pretty familiar with writing/burning vcd/svcd with nero. i know that some movie files that i download off the net is in vcd/svcd format ready to be burn with nero and some that's not have to go through the TMPGEnc process then nero ... now my question is : i have no idea why a couple of the movies i have downloaded in divx/avi format cannot go through either nero nor TMPGEnc ... i can only play it on my divx player 2.0 , i can't not play it on power dvd nor windows media player. and when each time i try to decode it with TMPGEnc, i get a pop-up message window ""can not open file or unsupported"" same goes with nero ... it is funny the movie is there , very clear , and great quality , but just can only be watch through divx player ... why can i write/burn it ... i know there is a way out there , just don't know where and how ... i need some advice , any suggestion please ?
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

You can start by posting the file information, obtainable by using GSpot or VirtualDub's File Information.

Comment

• heureuse8
      • Jan 2003

trouble writing/burning divx/avi ...

hey enchanter ,
      first , sorry , i am new at this posting thing , so i don't know what you mean by : You can start by posting the file information, obtainable by using GSpot or VirtualDub's File Information.
      since you are into animes , i thought you might can help me , the file that i downloaded and having trouble with is animes "princess mononke" ~ "spirit away" ~ "my neighbor totoro"
      ... thanks !!!

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

the second posting in this forum might give you and more importantly US some more infomation:

Comment

• heureuse8
          • Jan 2003

but i can view and heard the movie perfectly through my divx player ... just don't know how to write/burn it ... NERO nor TMPGEnc works ...

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

"princess mononke" ~ "spirit away" ~ "my neighbor totoro"
            Miyazaki Hayao's works. Amongst my favourites.

Figure out how to check the file information, either from UncasMS's link, or by simply doing either of the following:
            1. Download and install GSpot, and input each file into it
            2. Download and install VirtualDub, and input each file into it and going to File -> File Information

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

sorry, but you're contradicting yourself:

""can not open file or unsupported""

this simply means you're missing a codec!
              to find out which gspot can help in most cases.

Comment

• heureuse8
                • Jan 2003

trouble writing divx/avi ...

okay ... let me try ... i just try ito put it through vitualdub ... didn't work ... keep getting message """''couldn't locate decompressor for format "div3" (microsoft high speed mpeg-4 v3 [hack: divx low-motion]

virtualdub requires a video for window (vfw) compatible codec to decompress video. derictshow codecs, such as these used by window media player, are not suitable""""''

i have no idea what the hect that means maybe i need to go put it through GSpot first then virtualdub ... well let me get on with my mission and i will get back to you guys ... thanks again !!!

hey enchancer ; did you see ""tombstone of fireflies"" yet ? so sad !!! but i like it alot ...

Comment

• Enchanter
                  Old member
                  • Feb 2002

Now that I re-read the original post, it does seem that the necessary codec has not been installed. The DivX Player allows playback of DivX content without having to install the codec into the system. However, this does not mean that encoders can access the video content successfully.

You need to find out what codecs are required for these files by using the methods outlined above. That said, I'd bet that either the DivX 3.11 or DivX 5.02 codecs are required (most anime encoders use the former, and I am of the same opinion that this codec is still the best for anime). More rarely, the XviD codec may be used too.

Link: http://www.divx-digest.com/software/index.html

Comment

• Enchanter
                    Old member
                    • Feb 2002

okay ... let me try ... i just try ito put it through vitualdub ... didn't work ... keep getting message """''couldn't locate decompressor for format "div3" (microsoft high speed mpeg-4 v3 [hack: divx low-motion]
                    Aha! Install the DivX 3.11 codec and you're set.

did you see ""tombstone of fireflies"" yet ? so sad !!! but i like it alot ...
                    I've read very positive reviews on the show. I'm planning to get it as soon as I see one in store (downloading is rather difficult for me, a volume-limited DSL user or a slow dial-up use, whichever you prefer to think me of).

By the way, I really liked "Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi (Spirited Away)", much much more than the rather harsh "Mononoke Hime." Recently, I just saw "Mimi wo Sumaseba (Whisper of The Heart)" and it is a very heart-warming story. I recommend it (then again, which of Hayao Miyazaki's shows do not deserve recommending? ).

Comment

• heureuse8
                      • Jan 2003

okay Enchanter & UncasMS
                      you two have both me in a new play (heheheheheheh)
                      i used GSpot put the file in got process ... now what ?

this is what i got , under video format
                      4cc=div3 name=DivX 3 Low-Motion
                      status= condec not installed (more info..)

am i suppose to go get that particular codec and install it ....

sorry to be a pain i am new at this ... well, at least to this part of the world i got myself in (heheheheheh) with these movie files ... thanks again !!!

Comment

• Enchanter
                        Old member
                        • Feb 2002

Check my previous post in the thread. I have also included a link from which you can get the required codec (hint: if possible, get the Tsunami-patched DivX 3.11 codec, which can prevent itself from being taken over by another codec, simply put).

Comment

• heureuse8
                          • Jan 2003

okay let me go download ; DivX 3.11 codec and see

you should really see ""tombstone of fireflies"" it will definitely make you cry that's how powerful the movie is ... thinking about it makes me what to cry ... it is very sad , nothing like ""spirit away""
                          i have it if you would like me to send it to you ...

Comment

• heureuse8
                            • Jan 2003

okay ... i did the ""DivX 3.11 codec"" thingie ... good to say it works , hurray !!!
                            but it did work on ""NAUSICAA OF THE VALLEY OF WIND"" don't know why funny , worked on three of the movies but not one ... so i can use nero or TMPGEnc to put them in vcd now?

Comment

• heureuse8
                              • Jan 2003

TSUNAMI 396 ...

HEY UncasMS ,

I READ IN ONE OF YOUR THREAD THAT YOU WERE TELLING SOMEONE TO USE
                              TSUNAMI 396 , TO correct improper stuff and leave you with all necessary filters & codecs ... CAN I USE THAT FOR MY PC BECAUSE AFTER DOWNLOADING THE DVIX 3.11 codec , NOW EVERYTIME I OPEN A PROGRAM I HAVE CALLED FX JOINER , I KEEP GETTING THIS MESSAGE ""THERE IS A HACKED CODEC INSTALLED ON YOUR MACHINE CALLED DIVX THIS FILE CAN DAMAGE YOUR SYSTEM. IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO REMOVE THIS CODEC PLEASE REMOVE THIS SOFTWARE FROM YOUR COMPUTER"" AND I CAN'T EVEN OPEN FX JOINER ...

Comment

Working...