trouble writing/burning divx/avi ... help!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

tsunami 396 is the best collection of filters/codecs i know thus why should you NOT use it?

install it via CUSTOM routine and keep everything that is selected per default!

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

Re: heureuse8

The Tsunami filer pack is an alternative to what I suggested you. It's basically a collection of different codecs and filters, and it includes the Tsunami-patched DivX 3.11 codec as well. As a hint, should you decide to install the Tsunami pack, select only the codecs that you need and de-select those that you don't during the custom installtion. This will save you a lot of potential problems.

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

i dont see any potential problems, since one needs a couple of codecs installed anyway!

divx5 wont be enough for playback all sorts of files.

i never instaleld LESS than what is selected and i never heard of problems when installing tsunami.

problems occur when using nimo or manually installing codecs that dont quite work well together.

the filterpack, however, was compiled and tested intensively and the content is reliable (still a new version might be available soon due to updated content).
        Last edited by UncasMS; 15 Jan 2003, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

Speaking about updates, do you know when the next version of Tsunami is coming out? A lot of the codecs found in it (and that I use) are pretty old by now.

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

398 is being worked on.

dont know when a final release will be at hand, but be asured this will be a good place to get informed

on the other hand:
            396 does contain filter that were not LATEST BUILDS when 396 was released. this of course was done on purpose, since not always latest filters are proven to be the best ones!

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

I would really appreciate it though if they can also provide the latest unstable XviD build (either from Koepi or Nic), in addition to the stable builds (for those who are against unstable builds). Perhaps including the latest version of Avisynth (2.07) as well as the Convolution3D plug-in would be a good idea too.

Just my 1.99 cents worth...

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

according to Tsunami avisynth 2.07 will be included

xvid and ffdshow version are being tested for stability; no idea which version will make it into the next release.

Comment

• heureuse8
                  • Jan 2003

hey guys ,

boy , you two are great !!!

enchanter :
                  i wouldn't know how to install tsunami 396 on custom mode installation by selecting only the codecs that you need and de-selecting those that you don't during the because i really don't know much about the codec field ... and i don't know which i do need or don't actually , if i put all my movies through with the GSPOT i will know which codec i need and don't , right ? (heheheheheeheh ~ if i am right i guess i am not that codec dump afterall ...) but wow !!! thats alot of work ...

UncasMS and enchanter :
                  have either of you used fx movies splitter or joiner before ... i tried the movie splitter programs in using it to splitter big movie files into 2 files , it works pretty good , i think ... but i am trying to use the movie joiner to join smaller animes files to put them in one cd but for some reason i can open it as stated in post#8 ... any suggestions ?

Comment

• UncasMS
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2001

my opinion on what NOT to install can be found above, i repeat: NONE => install all defaults via custom!

joining files can only be done properly when the files have exact identical specs: resolution, codec, number of streams

Comment

• heureuse8
                      • Jan 2003

joining file ...

oh yes , i know that ... for example i have these animes file that for some reason so somebody divided up into 2 files part 1 & 2 but both files together is only about 150mb ... so i want to join ... my question is not about exact exact identical specs: resolution, codec, number of streams ... it is about if any of you have tried fx joiner ... i just want to know why i keep get that error message on post#8 ... that is if you guys have used the fx movies joiner and if you know that reason why ...

Comment

• UncasMS
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2001

- NO i've never used anything else than nandub/vd_mod for cutting/joing/muxing

- i have no idea what post #8 is
                        any url?

Comment

• heureuse8
                          • Jan 2003

oops !!! sorry the post on this""" trouble writing/burning divx/avi ... help!!!""" thread but on page one the last posting ... ;o)
                          (last posting = http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...5&pagenumber=1)
                          and i think i am gonna try : nandub/vd_mod

good to try and compare ;o)

Comment

• UncasMS
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2001

did you install tsunami 396 already?

Comment

• heureuse8
                              • Jan 2003

did you install tsunami 396 already?

yup yup !!!

i just install that all right? it will work on its own , right?

Comment

• UncasMS
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2001

like i said: CUSTOM routine and keep all selected entries.
                                reboot afterwards - that's it.

Comment

Working...