X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluesxman
    • Jan 2003

WM gone/dead/kapput after installing Divx

Bonjour fellowship of the divx...

Ever since I installed divx (I mean , the player, Nimo Codec, 3.11 alpha, etc etc ...you name it, believe me I got everithing) windows media crashes every time I try to watch video files (basically music videos, dirty non music vids, u know.. all those mpg files) Some of them I can watch them with Real Player, no big deal. But for some other files like asf (I>E The Sopranos.... Gawd bless them) and so on then it's a real problem. Besides I cant make AVI preview to work since it's somehow linked to WM. Apart from that I have a legitimate desire for my comp to run smoothly and to know what's going on at all times.
    By the way, I'm running xp, WM 9 currently, but I had same problem under 98 and 7.1. I'm not sure if it matters the order u install the involved software (divx, nimo, wm) in certain order.
    Another thing (since I'm here and I apologise if this is not the right forum) The Xvid codecs is that piece of software called fourcc changer, u change there to divx and that's it... isnt it?

Well.. sorry to bore u to death and I'll bite me nails waiting for the good samaritan

"Women can fake orgasms, but men can fake entire relationships"
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

player-problem:
    hit the upper anigif in my signature, download tsunamis filterpack 397 full from my page and install it via CUSTOM routine keeping all defaults!

xvid:
    is an opensource mpeg4 codec
    4-cc has nothing to do with it

Comment

• bluesxman
      • Jan 2003

Thanks Uncas,dear Rammstein acolit...

I'm d/l'ing the pack... I'll let u kow

Regarding the Xvid, I did something wong when I got the codec because, according to u wtih that codec installed I should b able to watch Xvid movies straight away and now I have to change the fourcc after I d/l the movie.... I got the codec form divxdigest.... mmmmh .... dunno. Thanks anyway

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

one of the latest xvid releases should be avail @ koepi's:

try the version from 1/15/03

Comment

• bluesxman
          • Jan 2003

Hello again Uncas!!!

Well... Just came back from work, did what u said and oh! It worked! There is a small problem though... to get the real picture I have to turn the monitor upside down and get me head inside from the back... but apart from that sound and quality are good. Any ideas? I d/l'ed the codec. Gonna try it right now....

Since it seems u know what u r talking about (I apologize if this is not the place... feel free to redirect me to the actual forum, if any).... Is there a way to fix (not working properly) avi files? I got this Bourne identity avi that by the end of the 1st cd starts jumping (funnily without audio desync). Virtual dub fails to make a direct stream copy and I because of that I cant watch it in my PSX2.... Up to u to answer that or send me to any doctor u want.

Thanks a lot for everything.

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

this upside down problem has been dealt with a couple of times and there might be numerous answers.

take a look here

apart from divxfix i wouldnt know any other *cure* for corrupt avi files.
            maybe avi-mux might be worth a try:
            Last edited by UncasMS; 29 Jan 2003, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Working...