Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LuCiFeR
    • Jan 2003

XviD without sound

Some of my movies don't have any sound. I installed Gspot to determine which codec to use. For all my DiVx movies it says there is no proper video codec installed, but there is an audio codec installed. However, all my DiVx movies play correctly (?).

For the Xvid movies, Gspot tells me there is a video codec installed, but there is no audio codec installed. It requires an AC3 codec or something. I found one in the Tsunami pack, but when I install only this codec from the pack, all Xvid movies cause my player to crash (no matter what player I use).

Can someone help me ?
    (I have no knowledge of ripping or whatever)
  • alwaysblue
    • Jan 2003

You should download the Xvid codec by Koepi, you can find it here....http://www.dawnload.net/video_softwa...ters/xvid.cfm, you should be able to play your xvid movie in realplayer or powerdvd with the codec. Hope this resolves your problem!!

Comment

• LuCiFeR
      • Jan 2003

Still no sound

Thx for the reply, but this Xvid codec has the same problem. It seems to be missing an AC3 decoder. I still don't get sound and Gspot doesn't find the audio codec either.

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

gspot is not supposed to do any work for you except indicating which file properties and used codecs.

thats why i linked to the digital digest download area where you should be able to find most every codec.

or download tsunamis filterpack 397 from my page (upper anigif) and install it via CUSTOM routine with all defaults.

Comment

• LuCiFeR
          • Jan 2003

I know what Gspot does, and I also know what codec I am missing. Just couldn't find a decent version that works anywhere. But I took your advice and installed just the AC3 decoder from the tsunami pack. Sound works fine now.

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

well, enjoy your files then (till hell freezes over )

Comment

• alwaysblue
              • Jan 2003

I visited your website UncasMS, nice blonde!!!!!lol

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

her name's Caprice Bourret

Comment

Working...