Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ludwicza
    • Jan 2003

problem with video

hey, i got this divx movie the other day, and when i open it up, the video looks completely garbled in every media player, but the audio works.. any way to fix it? it took me a while to download it, both files were ~700MB, so if anyone knows how to fix these movies, i'd be very grateful..

the files are named: The.Pianist.Cd1.(DvDScreener).[QiX].Osloskop
    The.Pianist.Cd2.(DvDScreener).[QiX].Osloskop
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Load the file into VirtualDub or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• ludwicza
      • Jan 2003

File information

Video Stream:

Frame Size, fps (microseconds per frame): 624x336, 23.975fps (41708 microseconds)
      # of frames (time): 113597 (1:18:57)
      Decompressor: XviD MPEG-4 Codec
      Number of key frames: 684
      Min/avg/max/total key frame size: 2286/16432/46724 (10977K)
      Min/avg/max/total delta frame size: 115/4002/22069 (441380K)

Audio Stream:

Sampling rate: 48000Hz
      Channels: 5 (Stereo)
      Sample precision: 0-bit
      Compression: Unknown (tag 2000)
      Preload skew: 28000 samples (0.58s)
      # of frames: 113435
      Min/avg/max/total frame size: 1145/2335/28000 (258759K)

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

If you don't already have it, download and install an XviD (NOT DivX) video codec...

Comment

• ludwicza
          • Jan 2003

XviD

I had XviD installed prior to this, so I tried re-installing it, and still no luck

Comment

• Pes
            • Jan 2003

movie is corrupted ... try dll once again ... just part of the movie (10 %) .. put it in virtualdub and watch it

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

since there are several xvid version, try one of the latest releases.

koepi's latest version should be from ~15-1-03

Comment

• ShuMO
                • Dec 2002

Xvid edits...

Many players aren't kind when it comes to Xvid. MS Winmedia has no tolerance whatsoever.

If your file can be opened in v-dub, and you can view some of the frames, heres how I fix my files that are partially bad:

Xvid doesn't open for edit in your normal apps. However, I've had success opening it with V-Dub using the 'file open' with popup selected, then the option to rekey. I dont save the file, just using this method to identify the bad frame. I also use V-Dub to run a quick scan for errors. If its 1-5 bad frames, I find that acceptable and will locate the bad frame, copy the frame before it (from Key frame to Key frame minus 1) and make 'pieces' of my video file. I replace the bad spots with recreated 'still scenes' of equal length then recompress them using xvid as the codec. I then use AviJoiner to reassemble the peices (V-dub complains to much sometimes) The Audio I take from the original files using graphflt, then I re-mux it into my 'rebuilt' file so as to maintain sync. My result is viewable, with a 'screen still' effect where the bad spots are. For some folks and for some content types this can be an acceptable answer.
                ShuMO

Comment

Working...