Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alicia
    • Nov 2002

How to put a .m2v movie on a dvd-r,to play on a dvd player

I downloaded a movie(8 mile) and the movie was an mpeg1.
    I used TMPGEnc plus software to turn the file into a .m2v.
    I know how to back-up any kind of dvd movie in any size,but I downloaded this.I have no clue what-so ever.
    I NEED HELP.
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Are you sure TMPGenc created a *.m2v file (which would conatain only video)?

Using any dvd burning software (dvd decryptor (free), NERO, Sonic Mydvd) burn the dvd mpeg-2 file.

Comment

• gd_nimrod
      • Nov 2002

Tmpgenc should have also created an .mp2 file which holds the audio. BBmpeg can combine those 2 back into an .mpg for you into whatever size, so you can easily burn it with nero.
      Last edited by gd_nimrod; 7 Feb 2003, 12:30 PM.
      Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
      http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
      http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Tmpgenc should have also created an .m2v file which holds the audio"

I believe the audio files that TMPGEnc creates will have exteb=nders of either ".mp2" or ".mpa"...

(As Batman correctly stated, the ".m2v" file is video only)

Comment

• gd_nimrod
          • Nov 2002

Indeed it is an .mp2 file which accompanies a silent .m2v file. However, the file is then an mpeg-2, not an mpeg-1 which would have an .m1v extension and an .mp1 audio stream.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

To gd_nimrod

Yes, that's correct...

Does Montreal still have some of the greatest authentic Chinese food in the Western Hemisphere?

Comment

• alicia
              • Nov 2002

The thing is that I downloaded a movie (8 mile) in to parts...
              The thing is I went to www.vcdhelp.com to help me format/encode the movie.
              The movie was mpeg and I used TMPGEnc to encode it and when it was done all I got was a .m2v movie and from what the guide said,I am suppose to burn it.I did but it didn`t work on any of my dvd players...

The file(after TMPGEnc was done with it)came to be a .m2v file,just like if I were using REMPEG.The thing is that I need a way to convert/encode the .m2v file into vts and ts files like ifoedit uses the last time you use it(open,vts_01_0.ifo and open vob extras and list the .m2v and make new vts and ts files...
              Is there a file that can do this for me.

I was thinking if it was possible that load any vts_01_0.ifo movie file to ifoedit so the vob extras button is available,click the destination and 8mile.m2v movie and encode/convert the whole thing or will it not work.Will I get the other movie that is using the vts_01_0.ifo file or the 8mile.m2v.

Comment

• alicia
                • Nov 2002

The movie was first a mpeg only.What I wanna know(from the back-ups that I do,that have VTS files and VOB files in a VIDEO_TS folder)is how to put or convert/encode the download mpeg movie to play in my dvd player and playstation 2 and what softwares do I use and how do I use they.I need step-by-step how to do this.PLEASE help...

Comment

• alicia
                  • Nov 2002

I trashed the .m2v file so all I have now is just an MPEG1 movie.
                  Now what do I do?????????????

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

(Note - Your Playstation 2 probably can't play ANY burned CDs without a mod chip - so try this on your standalone DVD player)

If you are CERTAIN that the file is in MPEG-1 (and NOT Mpeg-2) format, do the following to create a VCD:

1) Load .AVI file into TMPGEnc
                    2) Set to "System Video and Audio" (lower right side)
                    3) Click on "Setting" radio button
                    4) Click on "System" tab, change mode to "MPEG1-VideoCD" (from default of "MPEG1")
                    5) Click on "Advanced" tab, change "Video arrange method" to "Center (Custom Size"), change dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240
                    6) Change "Source aspect ratio" to either "4:3 525 line (NTSC 704x480)", "4:3 525 line (NTSC)", or "16:9 525 line (NTSC)" - If you're in the PAL world choose either of the two similar PAL settings instead
                    7) Under the "Video" tab, change the dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240 (Note: "Video" tab mode of "MPEG1" is okay) - set "Motion Search Precision" to "Normal Quality". Change the "Aspect Ratio" to match, as closely as possible, the "Source Aspect Ratio" you set under the "Advanced" tab.
                    8) Change "Rate Control Mode" to "Automatic VBR (CQ_VBR)"
                    9) Under the "Audio" tab, set to 44,100 224Kbps
                    10) Press "Start"

(Or, instead of the steps 1)-10) above, you could attempt to use TMPGEnc's VCD "wizard"/template)

Note that if your video runs longer than 70-80 minutes, you'll have to subsequently split your VCD-MPG file in two. This too can be easily and precisely accomplished using TMPGEnc. Under the "Files" dropdown menu, click on "MPEG Tools" and select the "Merge & Cut" tab. Once again, make sure to change the mode to "MPEG1-Video CD". Load your file and enter a new (.MPG) name in the "Output file" box. Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL file's name in the window, which will bring you to the cutting area. Select your desired start and end points for the first half, click on "Okay" which will bring you back to the first window and generate (in a sequence of three automated steps) the first new file. To create the second new file, repeat the steps starting with "Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL..." (be extra patient with the second half, as the program has to do more seeking to establish the beginning of the new file).

Use a burning program, such as NERO to burn your CD-R or R/W CD as a VCD (DON'T ask NERO to format the file as a VCD, since you've already accomplished this!)

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• alicia
                      • Nov 2002

But one thing,I don`t want to create a vcd to a cd.I wanted to create a dvd movie not a cd movie.Is it possible that instead of making a vcd cd from the mpeg 1 and convert/encode it to mpeg2 and burning it into a dvd-r like the back-ups that I`ve been doing?????

Comment

• setarip
                        Retired
                        • Dec 2001

If the original file is in MPEG1 format (probably with a resolution of 352x240 or 352x288), you'll gain nothing by putting it on a DVD versus making a VCD...

As a matter of fact, if it is, in fact, already in MPEG1 format, simply do the following:

TMPGEnc>>File>>MPEGTools>>Merge&Cut
                        Load the MPEG1 into the Merge&Cut window
                        Set the mode to "MPEG1-VideoCD"
                        Save with a new filename

Then use NERO to simply BURN (NOT convert, since you will have already done this) as a VideoCD
                        Last edited by setarip; 8 Feb 2003, 01:47 AM.

Comment

• gd_nimrod
                          • Nov 2002

To setarip

Originally posted by setarip

Does Montreal still have some of the greatest authentic Chinese food in the Western Hemisphere?
                          Why i think it really does, especially when its in "China Town" in the heart of Montreal.

Comment

• alicia
                            • Nov 2002

Can I format/convert/encode the MPEG1 movie to a MPEG 2 and use that for the dvd-r???
                            There`s gotta be a way for this movie to fit in a dvd-r as a dvd-r movie.
                            I do not want a vcd at all,point.I just want a dvd-r movie.Can I encode the MPEG1 movie to a MPEG2 movie into a dvd-r,not a vcd.
                            There has to be another way.
                            If the MPEG1 for some reason,by any chance,can`t be done on a dvd-r,then what versions can(avi.divx,svcd,vcd,dvdrip,dvdscr,xvid-vite,divx5,ect....

I just want a movie burned into dvd-r not vcd.
                            Is there any of the versions that I mentioned that can be formated/converted/encoded into a dvd-r.

PLEASE GUYS,HELP ME OUT.
                            DVD-R,NOT VCD OR CD....

Comment

• gd_nimrod
                              • Nov 2002

If you do an mpeg-2 instead of mpeg-1 it will instead be called an SVCD on a dvd-r.

As setarip said, you will not gain any quality of making it a dvd-svcd instead of a normal dvd-vcd (which is on your dvd-r).

Comment

Working...