X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samifox
    • Jul 2002

Capture card opinions needed...

Hi

I wanna buy a video capture card. i need your opinions.but not expensive one. my budged is about 200$.

My System:

P4 2.4 GHz
    512 DDR
    GForce MX 200 + tvout

Thanks
    Shay
  • samifox
    • Jul 2002

Why dony you answer guys?

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

well, there is hardly any information you provide

Comment

• samifox
        • Jul 2002

Hi

What kind of info? i need it for input. for example i wanna connect a vcr to my computer,and capture the video to avi format and than edit it with premier or efter effects.

hope that what you meant

Shay

Comment

• samifox
          • Jul 2002

i did something wrong?

Comment

• irishmurph
            • Mar 2003

to samifox:

hi, i purchased a hauppage wintv 2000 tv card 3 years ago. it has full recording and playback capabilities, with the card is supplied a remote control. extra functions are a video capture portal for transfering video camera footage to your hard drive and a desktop radio. with the tv capture you can choose any codec installed on your computer, the same for home video camera footage...nearly forgot the tv card also has teletext .

and to this date the card has never crashed or failed to work

if you are able to get them where you live i reccomend any of the hauppage tv cards,,but be wary of the drivers updated for xp operating systems they have a tendancy to remove some of the advanced functions such as recording,but you can still take screenshots from whatever you are watching

Comment

• dvdu
              • Mar 2003

I have Radeon 8500DV from ATI. It has all the required connections to TV, VCR, Cable and Camcorder. More importantly, it has IEEE 1394 (Firewire) connection for direct digita input from Digital Camcorders.

I have tested almost all of its features except remote control. I can't get the remote control to work. The software that comes with the supplied CD has lots of bugs. You need to follow a rather complicated procedure to download and install new drivers from ATI web.

BTW, for analog signals, these cards cannot match your standard TV. The display is grainy. The strength of these (PC) cards are in their ability to capture signal in digital format. So, make sure you get yourself a Digital camcorder and use 1394 to download video in digital format.

Converting the huge digital avi file to MPEGII is another story...

Comment

• Sik395hpGST
                • Mar 2003

Do the cards out now have a hard time converting video off of a HI8 cam to the HD? Or is the grainyness(SP?) only with t.v. signals? What is the FPS of a camcorder anyways? When I do capture it, do I use the NTSC's 29.97FPS? Or 24 fps? Thanks

Comment

• irishmurph
                  • Mar 2003

heres 2 frames of a avi file i captured using my hauppage wintv 2000 card. captured it last year.. 44k/hz 16 bit stereo sound
                  160by120 resolution 15 frames per sec ,24 bit colour@20kb per sec using divx 4 v3 fast motion codec. it averaged 1:3mb per minute. the output screen is small but detail is high enough and the sound is excellent at that setting..
                  Attached Files

Comment

• irishmurph
                    • Mar 2003

heres the other screen shot
                    Attached Files

Comment

• The Edge
                      Digital Video Expert
                      Digital Video Expert
                      • Jan 2003

@irishmurph

Come on Ireland!!!!!

Edge
                      "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• CybaSmuggla
                        • Nov 2002

OK,well my 2c is a simple AVERTV card,i find the television on the PC with a good arial surpasses the TV picture,and heres some captures from an analogue vid cam on the card http://pbase.com/pentavalver/blacktop

Comment

• SKD_Tech
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Jan 2003

Dam|\/ nice engine!! What is it?

Comment

• CybaSmuggla
                            • Nov 2002

Thx for the kind words SKD,Its a Toyota Levin/Trueno origin "Blacktop" 4AGE 1.6lt 20 valve.
                            5 valves per cylinder design by Yamaha,has variable valve timing,and quadthrottles.
                            Its bottom end was destroyed in an accident in Japan,holes in the block,I got a hold of it and rebuilt it,ported...balanced,the usual garb,the pics are from a video of its rebuild,some of its componentry is appealing even to the layman.I'll be adding to it,so I can let you know if you like.
                            Theres some 16V pics also.All the work is my own.Cheers.

Comment

• irishmurph
                              • Mar 2003

@the edge

i got the start of the match against germany ,,it's the anthem
                              i use it as a screensaver absolutley brilliant.
                              i'll set up a yahoo account (its a big enough file) where you can download it if you want...i'll do that now and post when it's done

Comment

Working...