Problem with DivX playback - video speeding up!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Polaris
    • Feb 2003

Problem with DivX playback - video speeding up!

Hey everyone, I'm new here =D

I have a very weird problem with DivX playback. It only happens in some movies (I'd say it's with DivX 5.03 movies, but I think I also have ones that run just fine) - the audio plays "normally", but the video starts speeding up. If I try seeking in the clip the speed goes back to normal for a couple of seconds, and then again it starts to rush.
    After seeing I also have a slight problem with audio sync in mpeg files, my guess was that I have some sort of a codec conflict. I tried removing and reinstalling some tools with no sucess.

Any help would be appreciated
  • Polaris
    • Feb 2003

Bump^^

Eh.. Anyone?

Comment

• Polaris
      • Feb 2003

EDIT: Some things led me to think the problem is with the audio. I encoded the video in virtua dub, choosing direct stream copy for the video, but no audio. This resulted the clip playing just fine. Futher more, I once again encoded with direct stream copy for video, but full processing mode for audio, and again, the clip played just fine.

The few clips that cause the problems used to play fine, so my guess is that something got the codecs f#%&ed. It's a regular MP3 codec though, so I'm out of ideas... :\
      Last edited by Polaris; 1 Mar 2003, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

how *regular* would that mp3 be?

try saving this mp3 to wav and then re-encode it back to mp3 (same birate/size of course) with for example besweet.

mux your files and see what happens.

Comment

• Polaris
          • Feb 2003

Well.. I managed to extract the MP3 stream as a wav out of the clip, but didn't get very far with BeSweet.. I'm kind of new to the whole thing, so a more detailed help would be appreciated.

Again, those clips used to play just fine. The only possible reason for them not working now is that something got screwed with the codecs.
          Last edited by Polaris; 1 Mar 2003, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

i have written a guide for converting ac3 => ogg using BESWEET

of course you can do any other conversion as well.

take a look at it.

in case you want to amke sure your codecs are fine, deinstall all of them and downlaod tsunami 397 from my page and isntall that filterpack via custom routine - keep ALL defaults
            Last edited by UncasMS; 1 Mar 2003, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• Polaris
              • Feb 2003

How is the tsunami better than Nimo? Should I unistall it and install tsunami instead?

Comment

• Polaris
                • Feb 2003

I extracted the wav out of the video, then loaded it up to VirtuaDub, and let it compess it back to MP3. Video still played funky. I even tried the same thing, leaving the wav uncompressed, and got the same results. On the other hand, choosing another MP3 track for the video made it play just fine (which leads me to think I did something wrong when extracting and re-adding the audio stream to the video).

EDIT: I re-installed the Tsunami pack, and this time I noticed the Fraunhofer MP3 Decoder. I insalled it and now videos stopped speeding up. I now see another problem though; when I 'seek' in a video clip, the video plays from that spot, but the audio doesn't. It takes a few seconds before it also keeps up, and I think it also goes out of sync because of that. So the problem is probably indeed the MP3 audio decoder (in an odd way, since some other video I have on my HD that are also encoded with MP3 audio play just fine). No idea on what I could do to fix it completely.

Another question, while we're on the subject - does the Tsunami pack includes a VBR MP3 codec? I didn't see any. Same goes for OGM.
                Last edited by Polaris; 2 Mar 2003, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Working...