Converting Avi to Divx without Virtualdub?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samifox
    • Jul 2002

Converting Avi to Divx without Virtualdub?

Is that possible?
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

it is possible

but what's wrong with using the most reliable and flexible tool available?

Comment

• Herby
      • Feb 2003

but how??

I'm not sure but i cant seem to get virtualdub to do even this the only thing i have gotten it to do is split divx i havent been abl to get it to convert avi to divx, im sure there is just sumthin im doing wrong hopefully i figure it out soon!

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

be more precise

error message was what?

post the avi-information from GSPOT + virtualdubMOD and let us know where the avi comes from - dv cam?

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

Re: but how??

Originally posted by Herby
          I'm not sure but i cant seem to get virtualdub to do even this the only thing i have gotten it to do is split divx i havent been abl to get it to convert avi to divx, im sure there is just sumthin im doing wrong hopefully i figure it out soon!
          Have you made sure that you have selected the DivX codec from within the Video tab and chosen the Full Processing mode?

Comment

• samifox
            • Jul 2002

but what's wrong with using the most reliable and flexible tool available?
            its give me a bigger size than the original avi. im following this guide :

Guide

i dont know whats wrong?

Shay

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

Originally posted by samifox
              its give me a bigger size than the original avi. im following this guide :

Guide

i dont know whats wrong?

Shay
              What bitrate are you using to convert this file to DivX? If you set it to "1-pass, 100% quality", you are likely to encounter this problem, especially when you have set the quantisizer in use to purely 2.

Here is what I recommend you do. Get a bitrate calculator and determine what filesize you want the AVI to be reduced to. Obtain the required bitrate from the calculator (by inputting the AVI play length and desired new filesize). Now, run the conversion by initially using "2-pass, first pass", and after it's done, follow up by running the conversion using "2-pass, second pass".

Comment

Working...