Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrewpk200
    • Mar 2003

Batch Encoding walkthrough Needed

I posted a thred here a few weeks ago asking if there was any software that would let me convert multiple dvds to divx, as i am trying to back up my movie collection, i wanted to be able to put the vobs from the different films on my harddisk and just set the program going.

I have been told about a couple of programs that may be able to do this but havent been able to figure out how to.

If anybody out there could point me to a walkthrough or guide i would be very greatfull
    The Power of a Goldfish Should never be underestimated
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

i use the job function in DVX

all one has to do is setting up the transcoding settings and then add this to the job list.

afterwards one loads the next title, does all neccessay settings and again adds this movie to the job list.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2003

The same thing can be done in Gordian Knot

Comment

• The Maynard
        • Jan 2003

The same thing can be done with VritualDubMod. You just load up the vob you want to encode for the first movie and select SAVE AVI and there's a button that you can click that will add the this job to the to-do list. Then you just load up the next vob and do the same thing. Then you press F4 and there are all of your jobs waiting for you. Just press start and it will go down the list and encode all of them.

Comment

• andrewpk200
          • Mar 2003

Thanks for the help but i have just found out that the software i use to rip films one at a time also supports batch rips, it just wasn't listed in the documentation

again thanks anyway
          The Power of a Goldfish Should never be underestimated

Comment

Working...