Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisbmx15
    • Apr 2003

Nimo Codec Pack For Mac!!!!!!!!

I have looked and looked and looked the net for a nimo pack that works for my mac but cant find any!!! I own and run a small video production company "Over Night Productions" and I need the Nimo Codec Pack v5.0 build 9 beta 1 for some of my films!! I would really really really appreciate if someone could give me a link or ANYTHING that could get me the Nimo Codec Pack!!! Thatnks alot!
  • Toast B|M
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2003

get a pc, days of mac are over and the clock is ticking for apple.
    www.megamodels.biz | OC Crusaders

Comment

• chrisbmx15
      • Apr 2003

I have a PC. But a Mac is a LOT better for video editing and production than a PC. But I still need Nimo Codec Pack!!!!!

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

What SPECIFICALLY are you doing on your Mac that leads you to believe you need the entire Nimo "pack"?

Comment

• Toast B|M
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by chrisbmx15
          I have a PC. But a Mac is a LOT better for video editing and production than a PC. But I still need Nimo Codec Pack!!!!!
          Okayyyyy......i am not going to be an ass about it but two words:
          prove it!
          it was a convention that p eople had before the days of windows 2k/xp,divx era and the smoking fast processors with Gigs of ram. again this is not the thread to talk about and i DONT think the mods *will* like it so i am backing off..
          THINK why you cant nimo for mac, there wont be one, apple is not open source my friend and neither is the software....being a user you should know.
          www.megamodels.biz | OC Crusaders

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

chris what codecs in particular do you need for your mac.

answering this question might help.

everyone who has done videoediting on a mac knows what these machines are good for

Comment

• chrisbmx15
              • Apr 2003

I am doimg a film project and I had to DL some vids. I used a program called BitTorrent and its an .avi file. One of my friends who makes a living doing video editing said over the phone that if I got something called the Nimo Codec Pack and instaled that, that the sound would work. Then I could work with the sound with Peak DV, an audio edting program. I have DivX Validator? If that means anything. I dont really no much about DivX ro Nimo...Thats why I came here for help.. And toast BM.. How do you wnt me to prove it. I have a PC too. I like it for gameing but I have used both for video editing and I along with many producers around the world profer Mac.

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

nimo is a collection of different filters but you wont find nimo codec pack for mac i should think.

you could therefor achieve your goal of playing7editing the very file on your mac by determing the codecs/filters used for this file and search and install them on your mac if available.

since you have a pc as well load the file on your pc into the tool named GSPOT (google.com will help you searching for gspot 2.1).

you should then be told which codecs were used for video as well as audio.

next you might be able to find those codecs for your mac or alternative playback filters like maybe ffdshow which plays almost anything on pcs - maybe it is available for mac as well.

maybe these codecs can help a little:

Comment

Working...