Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toastem
    • Apr 2003

Delay in AC3 and the new 5.1 Ogg file

hi, i hope that someone can help correct my current problem.

After I rip a movie to my HD with Smartripper 2.41, I use BeSweet w/ GUI to exrtact the AC3 from the VOB's. I set it to the delay in origional file (-161ms), and leave it at the same bitrate (448kbps). After it finishes with the AC3, I encode it to a 284Kbps 5.1 Ogg. My Question is do I still put the -161ms delay in the Ogg or do i leave it at 0ms. It's left in a 23.976fps sound sample, and also left at 48KHz. Thanks in advanced.
  • toastem
    • Apr 2003

I have another question regarding this.

When i mux the audio stream (ogg) to the .avi (divx), what are the settings i need to use in OggMux 0.9.xx?

Comment

• toastem
      • Apr 2003

Test Clips gone bad

I made a small test clip with a delay in the ogg and another clip without the delay. both were out of sync. the one file without the -161ms delay was closer to being corect, but was still slightly off. Is there something else that i've done wrong?

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

i always use virtualdubMOD for muxing ogg + avi

did you ever try vd_mod?

Comment

• toastem
          • Apr 2003

i have attempted to use virtualDubmod, and ran into some .dll errors. I have however coreected the problem by getting the the 0.9.9.5 Ogg Direct Show filter. i was using 0.9.8.8, the first one that implimented multichannel sound. Thanks for the advice, i'll give virtualdubmod another try. I hope that it is much simplier and easier than my current method.

Comment

Working...