DVD to CD in ONE CLICK???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KETAN
    • May 2002

I have done some more work- I installed daemon tools through which one can play cue files as the svcds so that before burning you are sure about it. My cue file works fine - no jerks - no pixel problems.
    Then I burned it through nero and played on my pc on powerdvd 4.0 and worked alright. No issues.
    It still failed to play on my JVC 42SL.
    Now can I say that I did my things alright till burning stage and it can be a compatibility issue only? And I do not need to go through ripping again?
    Replay shall be appreciated.

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

you dont give us any specs on your file.

like macsidewinder said:

downsampling sounds as well as a whole lot of other factors CAN be 'wrong' (i.e. incompatible to your standalone player) in your file.

thus playback on the pc should always look good, the dvd player, however might be picky with certain settings/specs!

btw. why dont you create mpeg file with dvd2svcd?
      this way you dont have to worry about playback on your pc BEFORE burning the file to cd.

Comment

• KETAN
        • May 2002

Hi,
        Thanks once again.
        1) Is there any sure way to find what EXACTLY am I supposed to do make svcd playable on standalone dvdplayer?
        2) Does standalone player need some length of the clip or any small piece of svcd say 2-3 minutes, if made properly can play. This way I can experiment fast and can come out with correct settings.
        3) I undrstood that CCe will give better results qualitywise compared to Tmpg on svcd; but can Tmpg be the reason of getting error on my standalone player?
        Thanks for your patience...

Comment

• KETAN
          • May 2002

At last...success...
          I got my first svcd. Thanks for your patience and guidence.
          I did it through dvd2svcd. It plays on my standalone JVC too...
          Thanks...

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

- check www.vcdhelper.com for SVCD specs

- tmpeg CANNOT be the reason for your problems, settings however could well be to blame

and of course i'm glad to hear it finally worked out for you

Comment

• ultralight
              • Apr 2002

Can someone please answer this?

Do these "one step programs" handle video and audeo especially .ac3 format? I'm having to use about 20 programs for this movie I'm working on. Thanks

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

dvd2svcd is a very user fiednly and hq tool but it does not support ac3, since ac3 is not compatible to the svcd standard.

Comment

• ultralight
                  • Apr 2002

Can you recommend a good

guide for extracting ac3 from a movie then getting it to the final vcd format? thanks

Comment

• Mac Sidewinder
                    Platinum Member
                    Platinum Member
                    • Apr 2002

@ Ketan - glad you got it to work! Some dvd players just aren't compatible with svcd. A lot of times when people have probs with video jumping its because of too high of a peak bitrate and the dvd player chokes on it. You have to remember that for svcd compatibility, most dvd players will only accept around 2600 as max. I have heard of some of the high end players accepting 3000 - 5000.

@ ultralight - this depends on which method of making a vcd you use. If you use tmpg then you can use any utility that can take the vob and extract the audio to wave format such as vob2wav. If you use a prog like DVD2SVCD (yes it does vcd also) it will take care of this for you.

@ all - I perfer to make svcds because if you use 2 cds you can get excellent quality and it can be played on either pc or tv.

BTW - If you examine those commercial "one click" dvd to svcd/divx programs - you will find that some of them are simply the same progs you are using now, just packaged together, and charging money for them. Some of the progs they use are actually freeware/shareware progs!!!

Mac

Comment

Working...