• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scdlcgs
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2003

two questions... gordian knot and ogm

i've been trying to encode a 2 hours and 15 mins with gordian knot using xvid as a codec... but is too long, specially with the 2 steps encoding, is it necessary to do the two steps encoding?

Is there a player that supports ogm files? because i use windows media player and it works, but only as en extension file... is there any software capable to transform ogm to avi, and how? (i know virtual dub can, but dont know how)

thanx for your atte

Scdlcgs
    Scdlcgs- Improving... Editing is my thing! Have patience...
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Re: two questions... gordian knot and ogm

Originally posted by scdlcgs
    i've been trying to encode a 2 hours and 15 mins with gordian knot using xvid as a codec... but is too long, specially with the 2 steps encoding, is it necessary to do the two steps encoding?
    With GordianKnot yes. In general no.

Is there a player that supports ogm files?
    Yes any DirectShow based player, including wmp, supports ogm files, once you have installed the OggDS filters.

because i use windows media player and it works, but only as en extension file...
    What do you mean by this ?. Changeing the fileextension doesn't change the file type.

is there any software capable to transform ogm to avi, and how? (i know virtual dub can, but dont know how)
    Yes this can be done with either graphedit or virtualdubmod. Both methods have been discussed in other threads in this forum, use the search function to find detaild instructions.
    Last edited by khp; 4 May 2003, 06:53 PM.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• BoF
      • Nov 2001

Re: two questions... gordian knot and ogm

is there any software capable to transform ogm to avi, and how? (i know virtual dub can, but dont know how)
      delete your <b>HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ogm</b> key in the windows registry thanks to regedit. then double-click on your ogm file...associate with... Media Player Classic !!!

gabest.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, gabest.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
      [www.scandiumrecords.com][Logan dataspirit]

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

changing ogm to avi doesnt make any sense at all.

get familiar with your system.

Comment

• scdlcgs
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Apr 2003

when i said an extension file, i mean that wmp 9 plays it as an extension file... it doesnt recognize the file in a complete way... and what do you mean with the oggds filters? where can i download that kind of software? I know there is no sense changing to avi... the problem is what i said before, wmp 9 doesnt recognize the file and plays it as an extension....
          Thanx to all for your atte.
          Scdlcgs
          Scdlcgs- Improving... Editing is my thing! Have patience...

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

the filters are called oggds0995.exe

use google.com

Comment

• BoF
              • Nov 2001

Ogg DSF:
              This website is for sale! everwicked.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, everwicked.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

then I did what I said in my previous post because windows didn't let me associate .ogm with a player
              [www.scandiumrecords.com][Logan dataspirit]

Comment

Working...