Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fewmany
    • May 2003

Just One Split Second !

recently i've ripped a dvd to my hdd , vob_4 got 2 reading errors, no big deal ,but now i cant encode it cuz after reaching to that exact second of movie the encoder program ( no matter Which One)suddenly gets kicked out & quits,i've tried flaskmpg,Gknot&
    dvd2avi ( all latest ver) amazingly powerdvd4-xp by reaching to that sec restarts the system!(well i'm gonna report this bug to MS later!)afterall its just ONE tiny Sec 4 christ sake and the whole movie b4&after that is palyable&O.K,i've created new ifo's with ifoedit but no luck,
    So i'm asking encoding Guru's :is there any way to get rid of that
    bothering error or maybe a new method 4 encoding ?
    Tnx Guys.

P.S encoding with 1-pass & below 800 bps went o.k but pic qty was awful of course.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"i've ripped a dvd to my hdd , vob_4 got 2 reading errors, no big deal"

Apparently it IS a big deal to your system ;>}

Try cleaning the DVD and then re-ripping it...

Comment

• fewmany
      • May 2003

Duhhhh!

[[ i've ripped a dvd ..., vob_4 got 2 reading errors, no big deal"

Apparently it IS a big deal to your system ;>} ]]

: Hey! getting reading errors occurs more often when ripping from Scratchy sources but it dosn't make serious problems during encoding ...(well except this one!)

[[ Try cleaning the DVD and then re-ripping it... ]]
      THANK YOU very much , MAN!! why i didnt realized that ?!
      CUZ i havn't that dvd anymore!, thats why i thought somebody here maybe give me a "technical" advice.....

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"CUZ i havn't that dvd anymore!"

Why not?

Comment

• fewmany
          • May 2003

Hey dude ,did u got all those stars & above 8000 score just by playing around with words & dummy suggestions or u really helped somebody once in a while ?! ...
          in case u havent noticed people come here to find an answer 4
          their problems that relates to media encoding , dis is not a chitchat or blah blah forum for granny's...

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Hey, dude":

The reason for the question is that postings to these forums are not supposed to include questions regarding the illegal duplication of DVDs that you don't own (and regardless of whatever testy response you may once again choose to post, it's all too obvious from the tenor of your postings that you don't/didn't OWN the original DVD)...

Bye "dude" - Have a nice day ;>}

EOF

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

(and regardless of whatever testy response you may once again choose to post, it's all too obvious from the tenor of your postings that you don't/didn't OWN the original DVD)...
              if you're so convinced of this logic of yours why do you post here in the first place?

what's next?
              telling all people asking questions on divx3 to stay away from that evil codec and pray for ones soul for having asked a question concerning this hacked format?

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

To UncasMS

"what's next?
                telling all people asking questions on divx3 to stay away from that evil codec"

Only if that were to be incorporated into admin's rules for these forums...

Comment

• fewmany
                  • May 2003

GOD , i love this forum !

Soooo , The"Emperor Setarip" needs a hard copy of purchase certificate in the first place to honor somebody with some guidelings , else , it could be an obvious act of copyright violation
                  and he could became an accomplice ... ok . fine
                  that DVD was among some other things that i lost'em ,somebody
                  stole'em from my car . but it dosnt concern u when ,where,how..
                  u just try to be more useful in these threads...

HEY everybody i found the answer at last by myself and this is the reason of this post to inform other people out there having similar problem,here's the steps i took & got the answer although it may seem weird somehow : (at least it worked 4 me )

vob -> dvd2avi -> d2v -> tmpeg -> m2v -> flask -> Bingo!

have fun !

Comment

Working...