Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redsrule2500
    • May 2003

Playback Freezes, never recovers

I am having trouble with a .avi file. The video codec is "Subtitle Mixer". The audio codec is "Morgan Stream Switcher". The video begins to play normally, then just completely Freezes after a few seconds. It never recovers, burning the image there and never leaving until it is reopened. Even moving the "slider" does nothing. Is there anything I can do? Any help is greatly appreciated!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

The nonsensical "codecs" (neither are codecs) you've listed clearly indicates that you have a fake file...

Comment

• redsrule2500
      • May 2003

Its not fake! I know someone who has theirs working just fine. It just doesnt work. Please help

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

1. Load up the AVI file into GSpot and post a screenshot of the information displayed here.

Alternatively:
        1. Open the file in Virtualdub
        2. Go to File -> File Information
        3. Post what information you see here

Comment

• redsrule2500
          • May 2003

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the AUDIO keeps clear and fine, just the video is messed up. I am working on the VirtualDub/GSpot thing

Comment

• Comberman
            Platinum Member
            Platinum Member
            • Aug 2002

The Morgan Stream Switcher is a plug-in. See:

Genius creates what it must; talent creates what it can.

Comment

• redsrule2500
              • May 2003

Okay here:

Thanks for any help!!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by redsrule2500; 25 May 2003, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

For proper vidoe playback, you need to download and install the DivX v.5.01 (or later) VIDEO CODEC...

Comment

• UncasMS
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2001

redsrule2500 said, that playback startet properly.
                  thus he must have any playbackfilter that is able to handle divx5.x

and of course divx5.x is not necessarily needed for playback - ffdshow or other filters will do as well.

red, try this:
                  - go into the decoder options (programs => divx5 => decoder config)
                  - go to quality settings
                  - DISABLE smooth playback

Comment

• Tsunami
                    • Mar 2003

.oOo.

The video codec is "Subtitle Mixer". The audio codec is "Morgan Stream Switcher".
                    The listed video 'codec' "Subtitle Mixer" and the audio 'codec' "Morgan Stream Switcher"
                    are Direct Show Filters and not codecs.

The nonsensical "codecs" (neither are codecs) you've listed clearly indicates
                    that you have a fake file...
                    You can't recognize fake files by analysing the used Direct Show Filters.

The video begins to play normally, then just completely Freezes after a few seconds
                    I have the same problem here and I have some solutions :

1. deactivate 'smooth playback' in the DivX playback filter properties.
                    This solution worked for me until now, but my new video still freezes ;-(

2. deactivate DivX playback filter by 'regsvr32 /u divxdec.ax'
                    Now the video should play without freezing, but the quality is not so good,
                    because the video isn't filtered anymore, it's just decoded by the coDEC.

3. install ffdshow or 3ivx playback filter for better quality

4. The morgan stream switcher causes some problems.
                    I suggest you deinstall it and use a player that supports audio stream switching
                    without the help of any filter (zoomplayer, bsplayer).
                    The Media Player Classic 6.4.5.0 crashes when the morgan stream switcher is installed
                    on some videos.
                    ReClock doesn't work with morgan stream switcher together.

5. You should install lame acm mp3 codec (or at least fraunhofer mp3 decoder) and ac3 filter 0.68 b
                    (switch off 'Main, DRC, [ ] use DRC' and set 'Main, Output, Sample Format, to PCM 24 bit' (not PCM 16 bit))

6. If you haven't good video and good audio yet, then you should use GSpot 2.2 to get some
                    infos about the needed codecs for your file.

Comment

• setarip
                      Retired
                      • Dec 2001

To Tsunami

Thank you for (perhaps unwittingly) reaffirming my original posting to this thread.

As you may or may not be aware, virtually all of the postings to these forums regarding questions of video and/or audio codecs used rely on the FOURCC information made available either from VirtualDub's "File Information" box, or from GSpot.

As both you and I know, neither "Subtitle Mixer" nor "Morgan Stream Switcher" are codecs (But keep in mind, the poster stated that these WERE the video and audio codecs) - and if this is what showed up as FOURCC codes in either of the previously mentioned tools, it would be all too obvious that the file was indeed a fake file, and had a fake header.

Therefore, I once again thank you for your reaffirmation of my observation.

Comment

• redsrule2500
                        • May 2003

Thanks

Comment

• setarip
                          Retired
                          • Dec 2001

"Thanks"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...